Hey guys! So, I want to buy a small amp to play at home. I'm going to buy a 20w one, I don't want anything too loud because I don't want to bother my neighbours and it is just to practice. I have a 70 euros budget, and I am undecided between these 2 amps:

Harley Benton HB-20B - http://www.thomann.de/pt/harley_benton_hb20b_bass_combo.htm

Artec Cubix B2 - http://www.thomann.de/pt/artec_cubix_b2.htm

The HB has a 4 band EQ and the Artec a 3 band EQ (but it has a Frequency knob next to the Middle knob, so doesn't that makes it a 4 band EQ?). Also, the Cubix has 2 Pre-Amp modes, Clean and Drive.

Aside from weight (the Cubix is lighter), I suppose those are the only differences between the 2.

I play thrash metal mostly by the way.
I like the way the HB sounds much better. Having a 4 band eq is different than 3 with a mid sweep function, but I can see the pros and cons of either.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Never used either but the Roland MicroCube is the goto practice amp for low volume and ease of transport. They are more $$ new but you can probably find a good used one for $60.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
^ the bass micro cube is a lot more money. even used I'm guessing he's going to struggle to find one for that price in europe.

I haven't tried either but I was looking into the artec for a while... IIRC one of the reviewers said the amp models on the artec just muddied up the sound. listening to the thomann soundclips (not exactly a great test, but all i've got) it sounded enough like the reviewer was right that it put me right off it.

also i got an artec pedal a while back and it was alrightish, but that's about it. again, not exactly much help, but I probably wouldn't hold out too high hopes for the artec one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
definitely check out some pawn shops. you can find old trace elliotts for a pretty reasonable price if you hunt around enough, and i can't recommend them enough in terms of bang for your buck in the used market
Go used, you'll find better amps for less.

I don't know about HB bass amps but my friend has a HB guitar amp and it sounds pretty bad. Though if it's just for practice, it doesn't need to be that great. And also, bass tone doesn't really need that much coloring from the amp so I don't know. Maybe the HB amp will work. But I would still recommend looking at used amps. Also, more power doesn't hurt. You can always turn it down. I have a 250 watt Hartke amp at home and it's not loud unless you want it to be. So if you find a more powerful amp that fits your budget, buy it. That way if you want to jam with somebody, you are able to do it.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
^ Yeah. Some of the HB stuff is pretty good (the g212 vintage guitar speaker cabinet for example), but I'd tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to their amps.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In Europe, it's hard to find used stuff that is much cheaper than the original price. Most of the used gear that I see is only like 10 euros cheaper. Since the difference isn't huge, it's better to buy new.

Thank you all for the replies! I can't find any amps more powerful than 20w in my budget, so I think I'll go for the Artec Cubix.
^ Yeah if there's very little difference in price, go new.

Let us know what the artec is like if you do decide to get it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
To each his own
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat