Hey guys, I'm having trouble deciding between the BBE SupaCharger and the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus.

They both seem really similar, and are both priced about the same. Does it really matter which one I chose, or is there something that I don't know that will put one over the top?

Any help would be neat. Thanks.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I would get the Voodoo brick for the higher mA ports. But it depends on your pedals. You may need more 100mA ports. mA, voltage, AC/DC, polarity, etc. requirements need to be matched correctly.

If you don't know what matches and how, then list your pedals here and we'll help you. Don't wreck your gear.
Quote by Will Lane
If you don't know what matches and how, then list your pedals here and we'll help you. Don't wreck your gear.

BYOC Leeds Fuzz, GigFx Mega Wah, BOSS SD-1, BOSS CE-5, Behringer Vintage Phaser, and ProCo Rat 2. I can power them all with a normal 9v adapter. I plan on getting some more pedals similar to them as I expand my board.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Most_Triumphant
BYOC Leeds Fuzz, GigFx Mega Wah, BOSS SD-1, BOSS CE-5, Behringer Vintage Phaser, and ProCo Rat 2. I can power them all with a normal 9v adapter. I plan on getting some more pedals similar to them as I expand my board.
The RAT probably shouldn't be paired with any of your other pedals. My RAT is polarity positive, and BOSS pedals are negative. Yours might be different or you might have a plug converter, but I'm not sure how well those work.

I can't find the info on the BYOC Fuzz. I'll presume it's 9v, negative, low mA.

Wah: 9v, negative, 60 mA.

Boss pedals: 9v, negative, both low mA.

Berry Phaser: Requires PSU-SB adapter, which looks like standard 9v, negative, 100ma power supply. Should be fine with the brick, although I'm not sure the 2.2m to 2.1m plug size will inhibit that. The Phaser should be able to accept the 2.1m plug.

ProCo RAT: As said before, it has positive polarity. I would get the adapter made by ProCo specifically for the RAT, which also means you need another wall socket. If your pedal is center negative/you have a plug converter, you should be able to use the brick.

The Voodoo only has 4 100ma ports, 2 extra are 250ma (and the 2 sag ports). The BBE has 6 100ma ports, with 2 extra at 200ma. You need 6 9v ports at 100mA, negative. You can have higher mA ratings from the port then the pedal requires (250 mA supply going to a 100mA pedal) but never a higher mA requirement from the pedal (100 mA supply going to a 200 mA pedal).

If you're looking at getting a power-hungry pedal like the Micro POG (200 mA), I would get the Voodoo. Actually, I'd get the Voodoo nevertheless c:

If your RAT says "+9V" on the power input, then that means you need a positive polarity plug and 9v. It's mA req is low. My RAT also has a 1/8 plug (like headphones) instead of the 2.1m normal plug. So even with a polarity converter plug, you'll still need the ProCo adapter. Of course, yours could be different. If it is, you can find bricks that have wall supplies on them as well. Or attach a surge protector to your board.

If you're not afraid of one-spots, that would work for your standard pedals.
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 14, 2015,
forget the BBE. i have a grudge against them, but im fairly certain that it is not true isolated, or if it is, it may not be using the best meathods.

its been a while since i read up on these things, but i remember that the best supplies have a torodial transformer which makes for the cleanest, most isolated supply. generally the lesseror cheaper you get they start to neglect details like that.

generally voodoo, decibel eleven, and some otehr top of the line ones that it, the Walrus Aetos does (one i have).

that being said i think the voodoo is a much higher caliber product.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
One spot and a Rat adapter. The Rat is the one that gives players fits cause they don't bother to check polarity and all kinds of nasty things happen when you mix polarity on the same power supply chain.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I already have the proper adapter for the Rat pedal. I've never had any problems with it.
So, what I'm gathering is, since I don't have any power thirst pedals I should be fine with either one? Back where I started haha.
Voodoo has the better rep so why not eh?
Quote by JD Close
Quote by Most_Triumphant
I already have the proper adapter for the Rat pedal. I've never had any problems with it.
So, what I'm gathering is, since I don't have any power thirst pedals I should be fine with either one? Back where I started haha.
Voodoo has the better rep so why not eh?

If cash is plentiful, the Voodoo is a good one. A One spot with daisy chain is around $20 so it just depends on your needs, wants, and disposable benjamins.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
yeah really...you could do a 1 spot fine. have you tried one? unless you have an issue with one why not start there and see if you like it. really, 1 spot worked fine. i bought a power supply and dont notice much improvement other than i can expand a lot more. i guess?

if you need more than about 6-8 pedals and are getting noise or some have weird power requirements, thats your bit reason right there. but less than 8 pedals ands all are pretty standard pedals like boss...well a 1 spot is just fine.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I use a 1-spot. Eventually I'll get a brick but for now, I use a 1-spot, RP-155 AC adapter (weird, pedal requires AC current), and the RAT adapter all on a power strip. Very silent, I am using humbuckers though. You just need to use as many plugs on the 1-spot as you have available, so get a chain that has the exact amount of plugs you need (which is 5 plugs). c:
if you use a 1 spot, then buy a decent quality power strip with a surge protector. like a 15+ dollar unit. none of those junk ones. first off, anybody that plays music probably has a bunch of these so its kind of a given.

i cant tell you how many times having 2-3 spare power strips saved my butt from jam spots with bad power, not enough wall outlets, etc.

oh yeah last jam spot we did have a power surge and the whole house went dark...yeah. protect your gear.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Personally, I've gone the One Spot Route,other adapters, daisy chaining, running off of supplies and power outing from a tuner, and I FINALLY settled on a Voodoo labs supply. To my knowledge, they are actually isolated while others are not. There is very little if any noise, and a HUGE selling point is the actual power adapter.

Being on tour most of the year, EVERY SINGLE power supply has had it's cable damaged causing sparks, power shortages, and general unreliability. I went for the MXR power brick, with 8 ish outputs, opened the box, saw the flimsy cable, and immediately told the clerk I wanted the Voodoo instead.

I wasted money on power adapters as well as the power cord, and I was sick of it. I made the purchase I should have made years ago, just like moving from amp to amp slowly, going MG, Line Six, Tube Amp, JCM2000, instead of saving and biting the bullet down the line, Mg to the JCM.

I would go with the Voodoo.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify