I play a Schecter with emg's. I play a backstage with a Boss super overdrive. A phase90 and an auto wah pedal.....I play chug metal kind of stuff I was considering a mu ltifx pedal to try some diff stuff...create some originality on some song. I have a $200 budget and ya I will buy used if needed. Is an fx pedal a good choice for my kind of stuff? Can you recommend a pedal? I was consider the zoom g3. What do you think?

Used pod. Can be had for about 200USD.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
The G3 is an excellent choice - get the G5 if you can afford it.

Personally I prefer them to anything Line 6 make, but everyone's preference is different. The Zooms have a shitload more features though, the looper & drum machine synching together make it an excellent practice tool, and it's good for gigging too.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Preferably i'd buy single pedals with effects you want as usually they tend to be better quality than an all in one 'jack of all trades' box, though really it depends on what you want
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
If you just want weird noises to screw around with, the Zoom Multistomp, G3 or G5 would be perfect. You get the added bonus of a looper and drum beats with the G3/5.

Alternatively, a Line 6 DL4, TC Flashback X4, and Vox Delaylab are a lot of fun.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by 'DC fan
Preferably i'd buy single pedals with effects you want as usually they tend to be better quality than an all in one 'jack of all trades' box, though really it depends on what you want

I doubt TS would afford decent pedals with 200USD. You can only buy behringer stuff with that, and no one wants that.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
I have a boss super overdrive. Isn't that equal to a tube screamer?
A tubescreamer is smoother and tighter than an SD1, an SD1 is crispier and has a bit more gain. Personally, I'd take an SD1 over a Tubescreamer. Not that there's anything wrong with a TS.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Another question. Since I have the sd-1 does the different overdrive pedals sound different? I thought about trying diff ones. What do you think?
Sure. A lot of pedals sound similar but there's a bit of variety. I use a Fulltone Full-Drive 2, which is a beast of an od/boost pedal, very similar to the SD1 but better, imo, and I have both.
Im just wanting a better pedal than the sd-1. Im considering somethin by mxr but not sure which one....im open foe suggestions or wondering if its worth upgrading from the sd-1
The root of your dissatisfaction is your amp. An SD1 is a classic od imo, but I doubt it sounds all that great with a solid state amp. Its more meant for a tube amp. Gets too harsh with a solid state. You could score a used Epiphone Valve Jr for less than what you were gonna spend on a multifx. I don't care what anyone says, I get some really sweet, classy tone with a lotta bite out of my lil Epi Valve Jr and SD1.

If you're absolutely opposed to a new(used) amp, I'd suggest a Boss Blues Driver. I had some good luck with my last solid state amp and a BD2.
+1^ for the valve Jr love cool little plug and play amp and you'd still have money out of 200 left to try another od.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by Fryderyczek
I doubt TS would afford decent pedals with 200USD. You can only buy behringer stuff with that, and no one wants that.

The store by me has brand new Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamers for 99 dollars.

I'm not quite sure what, "I doubt TS would afford decent pedals with 200USD" means. I think you are trying to say that you doubt that you could get a "tube screamer" for $200 dollars (US). Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

We can buy some top of the line pedals for less than 200US, and most of us do this instead of buying Behringer stuff that is super cheap in most cases. Some of that Behringer stuff is pretty decent, by the way. I have a cheap Behringer digital reverb (DR600) that is really quite nice in my opinion, it has a few types of reverb four knobs and two inputs and two outputs. The reverb sounds very good for my purposes.

I also have a Behringer amp that is an analog modelling amp designed after a Tech 21 that I really like. It has a ten inch speaker is thirty watts and has an xlr direct out and all kinds of connectability. It sounds very good for a solid state amp and is the only solid state amp that I have kept. It is no longer available and is model number GM110. Very decent amp if you can find one.

Aside from that the TS9 is a really nice tube screamer, genuine Ibanez and only 99 dollars. I might get one soon. I'm sure it is nicer than my current overdrive pedals - Bad Monkey, etc. Although my Boss OD-3 is very excellent sounding.

By the way, Boss has some new OD/Distortion pedals out to replace the older technology. One is called the Boss OD-2x I think and it does advanced tone processing and gives great OD sound across the sound range from the trebles to the basses, instead of just mainly being good on the basses and lower mids. It has something to do with a more balanced sound with the OD. I'm sure others here know more about them than me.
"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me have got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' The Note cd.
Last edited by DuffB at Feb 15, 2015,
Quote by dolecek
I play a Schecter with emg's. I play a backstage with a Boss super overdrive. A phase90 and an auto wah pedal.....I play chug metal kind of stuff I was considering a mu ltifx pedal to try some diff stuff...create some originality on some song. I have a $200 budget and ya I will buy used if needed. Is an fx pedal a good choice for my kind of stuff? Can you recommend a pedal? I was consider the zoom g3. What do you think?

I have never had any satisfaction with those multi-effects pedals. They never seem to sound like the "real things", plus they usually only have a couple adjustable parameters, where the real items like the "Fulltone Fulldrive II" has four knobs and at least two switches. This is a great pedal too man, right about in your price range. My friend has one and it is very quiet when he uses high gain, unlike most other OD/Distortion pedals that hiss and hum like crazy when you crank up the drive and level.

I would go with single pedals, quality ones, and buy what you can as your budget allows.

It might also be a good idea to consider upgrading your amp to a real clean (Fender) type amp that is powerful enough for you, and then add the individual pedals as you move into the future.

Good luck man.
"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me have got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' The Note cd.