so I need a gigging rig, for under 1,000 I mostly play heavy noise rock/shoegaze type stuff.

A guitar, and a fuzz pedal, so what I need is a gigging amp that can go ****ing loud and a good delay/reverse delay pedal and anything else that is required for gigging. really need help as I have never gigged before.
you need an amp that sounds good not just f^cking loud. are you talking $1000 for guitar amp and pedals?
Hey sorry that's a typo, I meant I have a guitar, I just need pedals and an amp, and yes you are correct, I do need the amp to have great tone
ok well for fuzz you can't go wrong with a Dunlop Fuzz Face. a delay that also does backward delay may be a bit pricey just so you know. don't know enough about shoegaze to recommend an amp but that is where a good chunk of your budget should go. you may want to consider a multi-fx unit
Quote by Trivial_Pursuit
so what I need is a gigging amp that can go ****ing loud
So you need a PA system.

Get a PA system, an amp won't sound good to the whole audience in that setting.

Then, for shoegaze get whatever half nice clean amp and a multi fx unit, say a quadraverb 2.
Or, get a pod and be done with it.

In any case you need a PA system if you want to gig.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Hot Rod Deluxe and Digital Multi Effects pedal. Good to go.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
it is assumed you will have a PA. if not, you got a whole nothing to to worry about.

assuming that - then all of these suggestions will work. TC flashback will do reverse and a lot of others. toneprint. thats a good place to start looking. actually PGS had one of their alter ego multi delay units for around 180 which is a killer deal.

amp? well, really depends what you are going for. i would say my carvin v3m would do a lot of stuff. can get a clean fender type amp, but i think that puts more emhpasis on the number and type of effects that you buy.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I have a digitech hardwire delay pedal that I use when I gig. It does reverse delay, as well as a whole bunch of other sounds.
Fuzz - Fuzzface, EHX Big Muff Pi (Little Big, Nano, Tone Wicker models are fine), Double Muff, Fulltone '69 MKII, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Fuzzrocious Rat Tail or Rat King.

Overdrive - Ibanez TS9, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet or Fulldrive 3, OCD or Plimsoul, Boss SD-1, EHX Soul Food.

Delay - One trick ponies: Malekko Ekko 616 Analog Delay, MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay. Everything you could ever want and then some ponies: TC Electronic Flashback X4 or Triple Delay. Other: EHX Memory Man.

Reverb: TC Electronic Hall of Fame or T2, EHX Cathedral Stereo Reverb or Holy Grail Max/Plus.

Chorus: Boss CH-1 or CE-5, TC Corona, Mooer Ensemble King, EHX Neo Clone.

Amp: Fender HRD or DeVille, Peavey Classic 30 or 50, Peavey Valveking 212... not really sure what else to suggest here. Basically anything with nice headroom.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Last edited by nick.culliton at Feb 14, 2015,
ampeg v50h, a trinity 2, delay laby, and hyperion your audience will orgasm.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.