Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but is it safe to leave a combo amp permanently on an amp stand? With all the cables in the way it can be a pain to mount the amp on the stand every single time I play, which is every day.

The amp is a Laney Iommi combo, weight is about 35 lbs., and the stand is an OnStage RS7705, rated at 90 lbs.
Attachments:
LaneyStand.JPG
It'll be fine as long as no little ones or big dumbass dogs like mine don't fool with it.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Well, no kids or pets here so I should be good then. Thanks.
Since the question has been answered I’m hijacking this thread to ask you about the amp because I’m thinking about buying one and there’s no local dealer. How do you like it? Does it get loud enough to keep up with a drummer (I’ve read conflicting reports about that). Can it get warm tones for doom similar to an Orange or Matamp?
Quote by jpnyc
Since the question has been answered I’m hijacking this thread to ask you about the amp because I’m thinking about buying one and there’s no local dealer. How do you like it? Does it get loud enough to keep up with a drummer (I’ve read conflicting reports about that). Can it get warm tones for doom similar to an Orange or Matamp?

Well, I just bought another one for a backup, so I guess that captures my view of it. I wish I could help with the drummer thing but I just play along to tunes coming out of my studio monitors. But it is super loud -- I had it totally cranked once, and my ears were shot for two days. Some other observations...

Has a bunch of cool features:
-12" speaker
-FX send/return
-MP3 player jack
-15w and 1w jacks
-Pre-boost dial for extra juicy jolt of heavy gain

I had mine inspected/tested by an amp tech and he said it was more like 20w than 15.

I tried the Orange Dark Terror, Mesa Mini Rectifier and a couple Marshalls, and I like the Laney more. One thing I did was replace the speaker with a Vintage 30. Really took it up a notch, as you'd expect, and still way below the others in price. I bought mine without trying it first, no regrets.
15 watts can keep up with a reasonable drummer but 30 and up is a safer bet. If your drummer understands dynamics you'll be fine at 15.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by RJH11
15 watts can keep up with a reasonable drummer but 30 and up is a safer bet. If your drummer understands dynamics you'll be fine at 15.

You'll still probably have to crank the hell out of it though, which doesn't give you much room to maneuver tone-wise.