Hi there!

I bought my first guitar from a work buddy a couple of years ago. Had no idea about guitars or what it was back then and i still have no clue even tho i am alittle older and wiser.

The brand on the guitar is Neville, i thought it was some crap since i bought it for 500 SEK (60$) from my work buddy. When i google it i cant find anything about the brand except Neville Guitars that seams to do custom made electric guitars.

Can anyone spread some light on this one?

Never heard of "Neville" guitars. It is an Asian knockoff of an Ovation, and it looks like a mid-depth bowl. (You probably already knew that).

Ovation itself used to market a couple of budget lines, one was "Matrix", the other, "Applause". Applause is still around: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/applause-balladeer-mid-depth-bowl-acoustic-guitar?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=Cj0KEQiApIGnBRCFx-idn7-E2Y8BEiQAc6fQbPutN4_Qh3xIXhtNG-76ADCJU4gSC1vK6AeJAFLk25AaAugq8P8HAQ&kwid=productads-plaid^83573952507-sku^J08543000001000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^53736456387

If you google, Matrix by Ovation, you'll get a ton of historical results, but those instruments are no longer in production.

You might also use 'roundback guitars as a search term. That seems to pull in a lots of results

I know that, "Crafter" of Korea could be an OEM for the brand, as they market a line of round backs, under their own marque. Off the top of my head, I don't know any other OEMs which could be responsible for its manufacture. But, I'm sure they're out there.

You'll hear a lot of crap about the composition of the bowl. Ovation has their "Lyrachord" material patented. That said, in the guitar manufacturing business, there's no such thing as a sacred patent, and plenty of what are know as "lawsuit guitars", have hit the streets.

Ovations, and similarly styled styled guitars, have a polarizing effect on players. You love 'em, you hate 'em, there's not much in the way of a middle ground.

That's all I got, sorry.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 15, 2015,