I've made a few threads on this but this should be the last one... sorry.

I'm making a compact and relatively simple pedalboard for a new band/recording project I'm doing- a Two piece 'Grunge' band playing originals.

I'd say my influences are mainly 90s and late 80s based such as Dinosaur Jr, Pixies, Husker Du and then bands like Nirvana, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains. However I'm a big RUSH fan and worship Lifeson's guitar playing and technique- notably his arpeggios and chorus tone.

So the basic idea is to combine that into an EP which I've mostly finished but I need to sort out my effects to prepare my tone for starting recording in April. (I'm gonna record the thing myself at home or a space with recording gear I'm already buying).

I've already got a few of the Pedals I want:

I need in total-

A drive (I've already bought a Dr Swamp V2 by T-Rex and have a Tubescreamer TS-808)

A Fuzz- Swollen Pickle

Delay- TC Flashback

Tuner- Boss

Then I hit a dead end.

I'm looking at probably needing a Reverb but I also want a Chorus and I'm only looking at around 70 quid left to spend.

I want a twinkly chorus sound like on 'Limelight' by RUSH and I don't know which one to get for a 'lush' sounding chorus pedal.

I'm playing a Gibson Les Paul or a Jagstang through a Micro Terror (I like it, don't hate on it).
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
You're not going to get much good with only 70 quid left ($107 USD). Reverbs and Delay can sound very much like a chorus if you have tonal modulation. I think a BOSS Reverb has that, as does the Flashback.
How about just a Boss Chorus Ensemble or Super Chrous then? Should get me some decent results even if not the best in the world

If you really want to settle, you can get the Danelectro Fab Chorus. It's fine for what it is. It's harder to go cheap on a reverb pedal.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
If you really want to settle, you can get the Danelectro Fab Chorus. It's fine for what it is. It's harder to go cheap on a reverb pedal.

I've actually already got it but I 'm looking at making a pedalboard to gig as well and it just doesn't stand up to heavy abuse- the jack on the back keeps faulting and so does the switch

Quote by Will Lane
You're not going to get much good with only 70 quid left ($107 USD). Reverbs and Delay can sound very much like a chorus if you have tonal modulation. I think a BOSS Reverb has that, as does the Flashback.

that's what i was going to say. you can get the hardwires for around £70-£80 on thomann and they're pretty good, or for cheaper the regular digitech delay and reverb (i've only tried the delay) are probably pretty decent too.

analogue might sound a bit lusher but you're probably looking at more money for something decent. I've seen some good deals (£69 IIRC) on that vox double deca delay recently (which is analogue) but I haven't tried it and I think I've heard some people say it's a bit dark-sounding (which can be a concern, especially if you're used to digital delays).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can get a used Boss CH-1 for around $50 USD, so that's somewhere around £40.

Unless you want to take some shortcuts and find pedals with built in modulation effects. The HoF has a Mod setting, but that is beyond your £70 budget, even used.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
I'd wait until you expand your budget. Then you could get more quality stuff and it would sound a ton better.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
If you'll settle for flange, the Holy Grail has the "Flerb" setting.

Its a lil bigger than a pedal but is a used Quadraverb easy to find in your area? That would do a lot of things for you and they're dirt cheap. Just an idea.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I've got hold of a Boss CE3 from 1987, should get me Lifeson esc tones eg. The arpeggios in Limelight?

^ i think the ce3 is meant to be nice. I've liked the choruses i've tried which were based on the ce1 and ce2, but i haven't tried the originals (or the ce3 either).

nice score
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?