Hi all! I have an option getting myself a VHT 412 Deliverance or an EVH5150 III. cabinet, used, both for the same price. Since I don't have an opportunity to try them before buying, here are some things, I am looking in my sound.
I play ENGL Ritchie Blackmore head, mainly hard-rock, metal covers (from Judas priest, AC/DC, Metallica,...). I like the brightness of RB, but didn't like the harshness in highs with my Marshall 1960AV and muddines with my Mesa traditional with V30. I like bright sound (but I could make a compromise with that) but the main goal is very tight sound, because I like playing heavy p.m. as much as I can
Now neither VHT or EVH cab has V30 so I wonder, which of this cabs would you recomend? Thanks.
I haven't tried either cab (I don't think) but if the EVH has greenbacks they're not going to be super-tight on the bass. but the vht cab might be dark-sounding, depending on what those eminence speakers are based on. (They seem to come with Fanes now too but I think (could well be wrong) that's quite recent.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Why are those the only cabs you have to choose from?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
EVH is loaded with Signature Celestion® G12EVH speakers, how are these compared to Greenbacks?
At the moment, this two cabs are supercheap, but for an extra 100 EUR I could get Engl Pro, Orange, Marshall AV. Basically this are all cabs (besides Harley Benton), that are available for me.
don't quote me on this but i think the g12evh speakers are more or less heritage greenbacks.

i think you need to figure out which speakers you like with the blackmore. it's a good while since i've tried one. one option might be the harley benton 2x12- since it's pretty cheap, and it's also front-loaded so (once you get the velcro grille off ) speaker swaps are pretty quick. it's also stereo so you can run each speaker singly (which helps with testing, since you only have to buy one speaker).

i'd get it and maybe a classic lead (classic lead with v30 works nicely with my engl savage se, and is pretty bright), g12t75 and maybe the creamback g12h30 (if you can find it cheap, it's quite new). try all of those alone and try them combined with the v30 and see what you think.

EDIT: granted, different cabs with the same speakers will sound different too. So maybe just buying something which you suspect you'll like and crossing your fingers is as good a plan as any. and if you don't like it, sell or trade it for somethign else.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 15, 2015,