Hey guys things have been pretty busy and crazy in my personal life so I haven't been getting to do many covers lately. With my band playing every weekend, working full time, and going to school full time I just don't have much time to record anymore.

Anyway, I recently upgraded a ton of shit in my studio and spent like $3,000 on new mics, rack gear, and wireless systems for live use. Here is my first new recording featuring the new rack gear, so if you guys could give me some feedback on the vocal tone that'd be much appreciated.

So as the title implies this is a cover of War Eternal by Arch Enemy, with me doing the vocals. The instrumental was sourced from YouTube user Metal Guitar Stuff, so all credit for that aspect of the song goes to that guy.

Link:

https://soundcloud.com/coreyculler/war-eternal

Gear used:

Here is a quick summary of the gear I'm using for the vocals, and the signal chain flow.

Mic: Shure SM7b
Preamp: ART Voice Channel Tube preamp
Interface: Line 6 POD HD Pro (digital in used with preamp)
DAW: REAPER

Signal Chain:

Mic -> Voice Channel (AES out) -> Line 6 POD HD Pro (USB) -> PC
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Hey dude, I think it sounds really good, to me the recording has been done properly. I would not put the vocals that loud in the mix though. On the other hand, you've got some serious singing/screaming abilities man, really cool cover !
Quote by metallicoush
Hey dude, I think it sounds really good, to me the recording has been done properly. I would not put the vocals that loud in the mix though. On the other hand, you've got some serious singing/screaming abilities man, really cool cover !

Thanks man, I noticed the volume issue when I was in my car earlier but I dropped the volume a bit so it shouldn't be as bad now. I do like my vocals fairly forward in the mix, but the earlier version was a bit too high.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro