I write metalcore and am putting a few songs together... I want to perform soon but I don't have a ton of ideas as to where I can get started. My drummer has experience playing live and I don't, and I don't have a highend amp so I guess I'm trying to get my foot in the door. I figure somewhere locally cause we have to start out somewhere. I've seen videos of August Burns Red and Texas In July playing small shows and that makes sense, it takes small steps to get somewhere.. Should I try a church or something, or are there centers where teenagers come who might like this kind of music? I don't feel comfortable or ready to do some huge show even if I was able to. The less stress and pressure the better, even if it was like 10 or 20 people I would be happy with that.
Backyard party?
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Local bars, you usually don't have to be 21 to play.

I've played over a hundred metal shows to empty bars it's really fun!

FB.com/FENRIRohio
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Quote by mrnothing
I write metalcore and am putting a few songs together

Oh my god you're so unique and individual I can't even deal. I bet you have ugly ass mohawk hair, wear long leather coats and have a lame ass beard which entitles you to think you're hardcore, when actually you're as weak as how your mum was when you're daddy was beating her.

No one wants to hear your metal shit, please stop ruining the world with your shitty music and go outside and get a girlfriend like a normal person would.
Quote by inthecloset
No one wants to hear your metal shit, please stop ruining the world with your shitty music and go outside and get a girlfriend like a normal person would.

the username combined with this post makes me think you're projecting something here...
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Check local bars and venues for open mic nights. Good way to build up your chops, and meet other musicians who may know of places to play/people to play with
Quote by romencer17
the username combined with this post makes me think you're projecting something here...

You're so smart, picking up on my username
Quote by inthecloset
Oh my god you're so unique and individual I can't even deal. I bet you have ugly ass mohawk hair, wear long leather coats and have a lame ass beard which entitles you to think you're hardcore, when actually you're as weak as how your mum was when you're daddy was beating her.

Go back to listening to one direction or whatever it is you listen to.
Quote by Axelfox
Go back to listening to one direction or whatever it is you listen to.

Nah i'll just go back to shagging your mum