Hey guys, I'm getting a Jackson Js22 (7-string) in the not to distant future (my first guitar). I've played a 6-string for cumulatively 20hrs (and hour a week for about 20wks). In any case how out of the question is it to have Suicide Silence's Unanswered be the first song I learn?
This is a difficult question, everybody learns at a different rate. For example, it took me about two months of playing 20-30 minutes per day to become proficient at tremolo picking, but only about a week to become a pinch harmonic expert. Without knowing your playing style and habits, no one can really say if you are prepared to learn a song. That's for you to decide.

That being said, Suicide Silence's "Unanswered" has lots of tremolo picking, so be ready for that. Otherwise, it's not a complicated song. In any case, have fun!
Quote by BlackDeath92
This is a difficult question, everybody learns at a different rate. For example, it took me about two months of playing 20-30 minutes per day to become proficient at tremolo picking, but only about a week to become a pinch harmonic expert. Without knowing your playing style and habits, no one can really say if you are prepared to learn a song. That's for you to decide.

That being said, Suicide Silence's "Unanswered" has lots of tremolo picking, so be ready for that. Otherwise, it's not a complicated song. In any case, have fun!

That's very understandable and I see where you are coming from, thanks for your input