Hello, It is the first time I post. I am a beginner on Guitar. I am thinking of buying a guitar and I have read a lots of materials online. I have narrowed my choice to Seagull, S&P, Takamine.

The guitars I am interested in are:

1. Seagull/S&P - Natural Elements series
Seagull__ Natural Elements CW Folk SG
http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_natelement_hwc_folk.html
S&P__Natural Elements CW Folk SG
http://www.simonandpatrick.com/natelementsfolk.htm

2. Seagull - Performer Cutaway Folk Flame Maple QI
http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_perf_cwflame_folk.html

3. S&P - CW Gloss Top (GT) Folk Cedar
http://www.simonandpatrick.com/cwgtfolk.htm

4. Takamine - EG523SC
http://www.takamine.com/guitars/archive/eg523sc/

-------------------------------

My preference on guitar is the following: 1) guitar needs to show Tonewood color (or wood color); 2) It has to be cutaway; 3) Best if no pick-guard

My use for the guitar: I do not join a band and I just play guitar at home only. I like to learn fingerstyle. (I am a girls with large hand and I am an asian, Dun know if it will affect the choice of guitar)

My questions:
1) What is the difference between Seagull and S&P natural elements besides the nut width?
2) Is the sound of Natural elements very different from the sound of seagull performers or S&P CW GT Folk Cedar? What guitar is better if I will play it for a long time? I heard 3 layer top will wear out soon, it that true?
3) If you need to buy a guitar, what will you choose among the 4 options? and why?

My problem is that the retailer in my region does not put the above guitar on display and let people try them. I have to rely on internet information alone to make decision. Therefore, your every opinion is very important to me. Thank you!
Last edited by carolove at Feb 16, 2015,
Welcome.
I play both acoustic and electric and gig regularly. I currently own a Seagull S6+ (15 yrs old) and a Yamaha FG180 (40 yrs old). Both guitars are surprisingly good for less than a truckload of money. My suggestion is to get to a store where you can actually play them. Spend some time with each and trust your hands and your ears. They won't lie. Not a fan of buying an acoustic online, sight unseen.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
Welcome.
I play both acoustic and electric and gig regularly. I currently own a Seagull S6+ (15 yrs old) and a Yamaha FG180 (40 yrs old). Both guitars are surprisingly good for less than a truckload of money. My suggestion is to get to a store where you can actually play them. Spend some time with each and trust your hands and your ears. They won't lie. Not a fan of buying an acoustic online, sight unseen.

As I have said in the last part of the post, my problem is that the retailer in my region does not put the above guitar on display and let people try them. I have to rely on internet information alone to make decision.
Bummer.
All 4 are quality guitars so no wrong choices here. I have the most experience with Seagull and a cedar top with wide nut is a good choice for fingerstyle. Make your best choice and if you simply don't like it you can trade it for a different model after a while. Good luck!
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY

1. Seagull/S&P - Natural Elements series
(Seagull__ Natural Elements CW Folk SG __http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_natelement_hwc_folk.html
S&P__Natural Elements CW Folk SG__http://www.simonandpatrick.com/natelementsfolk.htm)

This will be the brightest of the (Godin) batch. It's spruce over maple:
2. Seagull - Performer Cutaway Folk Flame Maple QI
(http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_perf_cwflame_folk.html)

3. S&P - CW Gloss Top (GT) Folk Cedar
(http://www.simonandpatrick.com/cwgtfolk.htm)

The nut on this is very narrow. It's also going to be bright, spruce over maple again. If you're going to learn finger style, I'd scratch this one because of the nut width.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 16, 2015,
To Captaincranky:

Thank you for the explanation! I am very grateful!

1) Clarification:

A. you said "This will be the brightest of the (Godin) batch. It's spruce over maple", do you mean for the Seagull/S&P - Natural Elements series?

B. you said "The nut on this is very narrow. It's also going to be bright, spruce over maple again. If you're going to learn finger style, I'd scratch this one because of the nut width.", do you mean for the takamine?

There are some misplacement on the post, haha, so I am not certain which one you are referring to.

2) Shape of guitar - Wake up call for me

I did not notice there will be big difference between folk and mini jumbo. I will think about the shape of the guitar now. I like deep and bass sound too. I did not chose them before is because I like the shape of folk cutaway more. (superficial me)

3) Format of the post

I am sorry to make you inconvenient. I thought formatting can help others to read easily and I did not know it makes quotation difficult. I will try to edit the post.
To begin, spruce tops are brighter than cedar. But, cedar has more output from the same picking pressure. That's why finger style players often prefer them to spruce. They simply make more 'noise', with the same amount of effort.

So, what I said before amounts to this, maple is a bright wood, spruce is a bright wood. Used together, you're very likely to get a guitar that's very bright and also requires more picking effort.

Now, you should take the Takamine off your list altogether. The neck is only 42mm, or 1 5/8" wide. That neck width, is designed to make a player's transition from pick style electric to pick style acoustic easier. If you want to learn finger style it's definitely NOT for you.

This is the brightest, (or at least should be), of the Godins : http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_perf_cwflame_folk.html

This "Natural Elements" guitar comes in 3 different models: http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_natelement_hwc_folk.html

You have to read the fine print on the page. With three potential variants of this guitar, you more than likely would have to order it, 'sight unheard since even if your friendly local music store would let you try out the guitar, it's very doubtful he would have all three types in stock.

This Simon & Patrick: http://www.simonandpatrick.com/cwgtfolk.htm I'm just lukewarm about, which is more than likely my personal problem.. Buy it, don't buy it, it's your money, and my ambivalence continues.

The mini jumbo is my favorite, even though it wasn't on your list. This guitar comes in 3 wood combinations also. Again, please read the page closely. http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_natelement_at_mj.html

Here's a picture of the 'folk' size body:

The 'mini jumbo' is pictured in my last post. Both guitars are 'guitar shaped', if you will. While they are very similar, the jumbo is just a bit more 'voluptuous', or curvy, if you prefer. Both instruments have what is known as a "Venetian cutaway". So again, no major difference.

Basically, the mini jumbo body is about the size of what Taylor calls, "Grand Auditorium". Which again, is a big seller for them, while not being the largest guitar they sell, or which is available.

Here is a Seagull "S-6 Cedar Original: http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_coastline_slim_cw_spuce.html This is a "dreadnought". Notice that the sides are relatively straight. I have a couple of dreadnoughts, but I much prefer the look, feel, and playability of my jumbos.

A I said before, I've never heard, or played, any of these guitars. None of the ones in this discussion are available left handed. So please, if anybody has had close experience with these particular model(s), you're quite welcome to ring in if you know something.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 16, 2015,
To Captaincranky,

Thank you for the illustrative comment!

First, I think you help me to think more of the sound of different tonewood. I did not realise that cedar and spruce are different from others. After you enlighten me about the sound of tonewood, I have youtubed and I would like to say I like the sound of cedar more.

As you said, the combination of spruce and maple, theoretically, will be very bright as both wood are bright sounded. (One quick question: why does this combination need more picking effort?)
One the other hand, for CW Gloss Top (GT) Folk Cedar, the combination of Wild cherry and Cedar will produce a very warm sound, Right? So you least like the SW GT.
Unlike the performers and CW GT, Natural element has the combination of cedar and spruce, the sound should be both bright and warm theoretically. Therefore, you recommended this guitar the most.

Second, the other thing that you have help me with is that the shape of guitar is also very important. I have also youtubed the sound different shape of guitar. It does seems that the sound of jumbo will have little more bass than the folk. I changed my mind from folk guitar to mini jumbo now. ^^

Really thank you for the information you gave me.

PS. I have crossed out Takamine as the nut width is, as you said, not good for fingerstyle learning.

--------------------------------
I still have a question to ask:
1) In the web page of Seagull Natural element, it saids the back and side are Natural Cherry with cedar top / Heart of Wild Cherry with spruce top / Figured Amber-Trail Maple with spruce top. What does it means? Why is XXX top appears on the description of guitar back and side?

2) For Seagull performers, it saids the back and side is Flame Maple. It does not state that it is solid. If it is not solid, then how is that different from Natural Cherry with cedar top / Heart of Wild Cherry with spruce top / Figured Amber-Trail Maple with spruce top?
Last edited by carolove at Feb 17, 2015,
Quote by carolove
To Captaincranky,

Thank you for the illustrative comment!
You're welcome.

Quote by carolove
First, I think you help me to think more of the sound of different tonewood. I did not realise that cedar and spruce are different from others. After you enlighten me about the sound of tonewood, I have youtubed and I would like to say I like the sound of cedar more.
Great! We have one part of the equation solved.

Quote by carolove
As you said, the combination of spruce and maple, theoretically, will be very bright as both wood are bright sounded. (One quick question: why does this combination need more picking effort?)
A better way to think of it would be, "spruce will survive higher picking effort". Cedar has what is called, "a higher velocity of sound",which means it gets louder than spruce, with the same force applied. However, with aggressive strumming, it "compresses". Think of it like turning a stereo up too loud, the sound can become distorted, and so it is with cedar. Bang on it too hard, and it 'distorts'.
Quote by carolove
One the other hand, for CW Gloss Top (GT) Folk Cedar, the combination of Wild cherry and Cedar will produce a very warm sound, Right? So you least like the SW GT.
Yes. It would probably be a fine choice, I think. I'm just simply not as worked up about it as I am the mini jumbo... On the other hand, buying the mini jumbo with the same woods, (cedar top, wild cherry B&S), would give it a similar appearance.
Quote by carolove
Unlike the performers and CW GT, Natural element has the combination of cedar and spruce, the sound should be both bright and warm theoretically. Therefore, you recommended this guitar the most.
NO, spruce OR cedar. The only place those woods are used is for the top. So, one or the other, not both.

Quote by carolove
Second, the other thing that you have help me with is that the shape of guitar is also very important. I have also youtubed the sound different shape of guitar. It does seems that the sound of jumbo will have little more bass than the folk. I changed my mind from folk guitar to mini jumbo now. ^^
One thing to keep in mind, both the , "Natural Elements CW Folk SG", and the, "Natural Elements CW Mini-Jumbo SG", (as in the pictures I've posted), are both "white on white" spruce tops over maple bodies. Cedar is a light reddish tan, so a guitar you buy with the cedar top will be slightly darker overall.

I'm going to post the links to the 2 guitars we've narrowed your choices down to. http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_natelement_at_mj.html

http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_natelement_hwc_folk.html

Please read the specifications text again. Each guitar is available in three B&S woods, and 2 top woods. There are only three models of each guitar.

The only choice with a cedar top, (1 in each model), is cedar over wild cherry. There are smaller pictures, so you can see the color variations between the woods

Quote by carolove
PS. I have crossed out Takamine as the nut width is, as you said, not good for fingerstyle learning.
Good to know, I think it's for the best.
I'm exclusively a fingerpicker (I wish I wasn't!), and I have found that cedar-topped guitars in the price range you are looking at are often well suited to this, regardless of make. As CC says, it is often louder and more responsive when fingerpicked, but doesn't have the headroom for aggressive flatpicking. You pay your money and take your choice.
I have a seagull maritime SWS in the mini-jumbo shape and it is a great guitar. Unfortunately it's in the shop after I cracked it on my computer chair armrest and I won't be seeing it for another 4 months, but that's another story. LOL The wider nut is a plus even for strummer like me with large hands. I appreciate the extra space. I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but makes sure you get your new guitar set up properly. That makes a big difference especially for a beginner. Even a higher end brand can come with action too high or in need of a truss rod adjustment.
Quote by Captaincranky

Great! We have one part of the equation solved.

Right! Thank You!

A better way to think of it would be, "spruce will survive higher picking effort". Cedar has what is called, "a higher velocity of sound",which means it gets louder than spruce, with the same force applied. However, with aggressive strumming, it "compresses". Think of it like turning a stereo up too loud, the sound can become distorted, and so it is with cedar. Bang on it too hard, and it 'distorts'.

Right, when I went down to the retailer to try cedar guitar, it is like you said, with aggressive strumming, it "compresses".

NO, spruce OR cedar. The only place those woods are used is for the top. So, one or the other, not both.

Right, I know now, haha.

Please read the specifications text again. Each guitar is available in three B&S woods, and 2 top woods. There are only three models of each guitar.

The only choice with a cedar top, (1 in each model), is cedar over wild cherry. There are smaller pictures, so you can see the color variations between the woods

Thank you!!!

I really appreciate your help!!!!
Quote by Tony Done
I'm exclusively a fingerpicker (I wish I wasn't!), and I have found that cedar-topped guitars in the price range you are looking at are often well suited to this, regardless of make. As CC says, it is often louder and more responsive when fingerpicked, but doesn't have the headroom for aggressive flatpicking. You pay your money and take your choice.

Understood! Thank You!!!
Quote by rohash
I have a seagull maritime SWS in the mini-jumbo shape and it is a great guitar. Unfortunately it's in the shop after I cracked it on my computer chair armrest and I won't be seeing it for another 4 months, but that's another story.

It is a pity!!!! I am sorry

LOL The wider nut is a plus even for strummer like me with large hands. I appreciate the extra space. I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but makes sure you get your new guitar set up properly. That makes a big difference especially for a beginner. Even a higher end brand can come with action too high or in need of a truss rod adjustment.

Sorry, What is action being too high? and truss rod adjustment?
Quote by carolove
It is a pity!!!! I am sorry

Sorry, What is action being too high? and truss rod adjustment?

A guitar's action is the distance between the strings and the frets. If it's too high, the guitar will be difficult to play. If it's too low, the guitar will buzz a lot. You need to have that set to where it's low enough to play comfortably but not so low that it buzzes a lot. The truss rod adjusts the curvature of the neck(aka neck relief). That also needs to be set so that there is a slight bow and the strings don't buzz off of the middle frets. When you get a guitar new out of the box, there is a chance that it might come set up perfectly but there is a much higher chance that it needs some adjusting. Most music shops have a tech person so I'd try to negotiate a proper set-up with the purchase. Some of us have the knowledge and tools to do it ourselves but if you have to pay someone , it could run another $50-$100. You can read about here http://thbecker.net/guitar_playing/guitars_and_setup/setup_page_01.html
Quote by rohash
A guitar's action is the distance between the strings and the frets. If it's too high, the guitar will be difficult to play. If it's too low, the guitar will buzz a lot. You need to have that set to where it's low enough to play comfortably but not so low that it buzzes a lot. The truss rod adjusts the curvature of the neck(aka neck relief). That also needs to be set so that there is a slight bow and the strings don't buzz off of the middle frets. When you get a guitar new out of the box, there is a chance that it might come set up perfectly but there is a much higher chance that it needs some adjusting. Most music shops have a tech person so I'd try to negotiate a proper set-up with the purchase. Some of us have the knowledge and tools to do it ourselves but if you have to pay someone , it could run another $50-$100. You can read about here http://thbecker.net/guitar_playing/guitars_and_setup/setup_page_01.html

Thanks! It is very helpful, I just told my friend that her guitar has too high action, haha, and we did not go to someone. Instead, we lowered the action by ourself. We took something below the saddle off the guitar. now, it has smaller action XD
Quote by carolove
Thanks! It is very helpful, I just told my friend that her guitar has too high action, haha, and we did not go to someone. Instead, we lowered the action by ourself. We took something below the saddle off the guitar. now, it has smaller action XD

I've heard of some guitars having a packing material under the saddle but I've never experienced that. I have no idea why they would do that. At least it was an easy fix. Have you decided on a guitar yet? That seagull natural elements looks very nice. The more I see it, the more I want one myself.
Last edited by rohash at Feb 22, 2015,
Quote by rohash
I've heard of some guitars having a packing material under the saddle but I've never experienced that. I have no idea why they would do that. At least it was an easy fix.

Haha, the packing material is just a colourful plastic, not pretty.

Have you decided on a guitar yet? That seagull natural elements looks very nice. The more I see it, the more I want one myself.

After I asked same question on different guitar forums, haha, I am thinking natural element as well! I really like the look of natural element. It feel so original and fresh to me XD. I am glad that you like it as well.

Now, I am struggle between something:
1) NE from Seagull or NE from S&P?;
2) Cedar top or Spruce top?
They are not a easy question even after I went to the store and tried some other guitars from Seagull and S&P (Only three actually, they are all I got), I still cannot decide which one I want. haha.
Well, Simon & Patrick, Art & Luthierie, and Seagull are all Godin brands.

Point being, I'm sure they have quite a bit in common, most likely coming from the same woodpile. If not from the same woodpile, most assuredly from the same forests and the same species trees, with the same design philosophies guiding their production.

I thought your trip to YouTube had sold you on the cedar top. Not so?

In any case, as long as you have long enough arms, and are tall enough to deal with the guitar's size, I think you should buy the Seagull Natural Elements Mini-Jumbo, in cedar top, which would come with the natural cherry B & S, the only wood they offer under cedar.

Seagull's mini jumbo, is roughly the size of Taylor's "Grand Auditorium", body. (called for short, GA).

BTW, I see you have this whole thread almost copied & pasted over at the acoustic guitar forum. What do they think?

Pretty much everybody likes the Taylor GA body, and pretty much everybody likes Seagull guitars. So, that's my final opinion on the topic.

The agonizing over this decision has to stop somewhere. You can't go too far off the rails with any of your choices. I would most like to have a mini jumbo out of any of the guitars you've brought to the table. The difference being, I would buy it in spruce over natural maple. But, I like to pound out rock with a pick, and that's where the difference in choice of wood presents itself.

BTW, I see you have this same thread running at the Acoustic Guitar Forum. What do they think?

Also, 168 CM is 5' 6", petite but certainly not tiny. Most likely plenty tall enough for the mini jumbo body.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 23, 2015,
Yeah it's not an easy decision and you can see why a lot of us own more than 1. You've done your homework and narrowed it down to some very good choices. I think you'll be happy with either, all quality guitars. My seagull is the min-jumbo size and it should be comfortable to play even for a petite lady. It's basically the size of dreadnaught with the curvy shape of a jumbo(skinny waist) and I think a tad thinner(maybe 1/2" thinner than a normal dread). My guitars are all spruce top, except 1 that is maple so I have no clue about cedar but I've heard nothing but good things about the seagull cedar top's and their sound. Not to rush you or anything but learning guitar takes time and practice and then more time and practice, so the sooner you start the better. Don't wait until you're 43 like me.
Quote by rohash
Yeah it's not an easy decision and you can see why a lot of us own more than 1. You've done your homework and narrowed it down to some very good choices. I think you'll be happy with either, all quality guitars. My seagull is the min-jumbo size and it should be comfortable to play even for a petite lady. It's basically the size of dreadnaught with the curvy shape of a jumbo(skinny waist) and I think a tad thinner(maybe 1/2" thinner than a normal dread). My guitars are all spruce top, except 1 that is maple so I have no clue about cedar but I've heard nothing but good things about the seagull cedar top's and their sound. Not to rush you or anything but learning guitar takes time and practice and then more time and practice, so the sooner you start the better. Don't wait until you're 43 like me.
Well, at 5' 6" tall, this girl doesn't even qualify as, "petite", by American clothing standards. "Petite", has always been 5' 2" and under. Grace Park, the actress of Korean extraction, (Battlestar Galactica, Hawaii 5-0), I've seen referred to as a, "tall drink of water", on an Asian website. She clocks in at 5' 7".

So, a GA size guitar, shouldn't be an issue.

If you go to my last post in this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1670192 You'll see a video with Taylor Swift literally dwarfing her Taylor koa, which I believe is a GA body. Although granted, Ms. Swift is 5' 10", the guitar misses her armpit by a good 5 inches.

That's with the fact notwithstanding I had to go to AGF, to determine her height.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 23, 2015,
Quote by Captaincranky
Well, Simon & Patrick, Art & Luthierie, and Seagull are all Godin brands.
Point being, I'm sure they have quite a bit in common, most likely coming from the same woodpile. If not from the same woodpile, most assuredly from the same forests and the same species trees, with the same design philosophies guiding their production.

Yes, they are from the same factory. it is just that when I am determined to buy Natural elements, I dun know if I should buy it from Seagull or S&P. I have gone to local store to try other models they have from Seagull and S&P. I think it feels like Seagull is more comfortable with my hand and it is weird since their nut width is wider. Maybe it is the action or the neck. I dun know. The salesmen from different branches of the store (Yes, the local store is a big company and I have to go to different districts to try Seagull and S&P since they only have one Seagull or S&P to display in each branch) sometimes said the wood quality is higher in S&P, sometime they said the Seagull is better. It is really confusing. One also said the action of Seagull is lower than S&P and that is why I feel more comfortable when playing them.

I thought your trip to YouTube had sold you on the cedar top. Not so?

I have been thinking of the issue after the discussion with you. I have listened to more youtube and I thought it is best to try Cedar top and spruce top in store to make sure I really know the sound. So I went to the store and found I am not sure which type of wood I want to buy. I think cedar is a little too sweet and I think spruce is also good too. So I am so torn now.

The guitar I tried are:
1) Seagull Maritime SWS Folk High-Gloss (Solid Spruce top/Solid Mahogany back and side)
2) S&P Woodland Pro Mini-Jumbo Spruce (Solid Spruce Top/Solid Mahogany back and side)
3) S&P CW Gloss Top (GT) Vintage Burst Cedar (Solid Cedar Top/ Red Wild Cherry back and side)

Also, I have read somewhere in the guitar forum that they uses different type of spruce in guitar, Adirondack spruce, Engleman and Sitka spruce. And I start to check the sound of different spruce. To confirm the information, I also emailed the Michel Bélanger of Godin guitar who is a customer support guy in the net. He said that all S&P uses Adi and Seagull uses Sitka. He also added that Adi is brighter and stiffer than Sitka. Since I want to play fingerstyle and I want the guitar is able to hit the high note more clearly (I dun know how to accurately say it in English><, so I want to have sitka spruce. I think after emailed with the Godin person, I think I will buy Seagull NE (Spruce top and Wild cherry B/S).

In any case, as long as you have long enough arms, and are tall enough to deal with the guitar's size, I think you should buy the Seagull Natural Elements Mini-Jumbo, in cedar top, which would come with the natural cherry B & S, the only wood they offer under cedar. Seagull's mini jumbo, is roughly the size of Taylor's "Grand Auditorium", body. (called for short, GA).

I think so! I do not like the dreadnought and the folk seems to have smaller sound. After thinking a lots, I think I will go with mini-jumbo.

The agonizing over this decision has to stop somewhere. You can't go too far off the rails with any of your choices.

I agree!! It is all I think of these days. I need to stop now and i will buy the guitar as soon as possible!!

I would most like to have a mini jumbo out of any of the guitars you've brought to the table. The difference being, I would buy it in spruce over natural maple. But, I like to pound out rock with a pick, and that's where the difference in choice of wood presents itself.

Wow, it is good! Different wood will have different sound and effect. Since I want to play fingerstyle, I will not choose maple which you have also remind me the sound of maple with spruce is very bright. haha XD

BTW, I see you have this whole thread almost copied & pasted over at the acoustic guitar forum. What do they think?
Also, 168 CM is 5' 6", petite but certainly not tiny. Most likely plenty tall enough for the mini jumbo body.

YesYes! I guess I am the type that I need to have all the information I can find before I make a decision! I become so absorbed in guitar knowledge these day and I almost know more on buying a guitar than my friend/teacher of guitar. I guess it is me wanting to buy the best guitar I can find and afford and I am not comfortable of other helping me to make the decision on which guitar I should buy without helping me to understand why it is the guitar I should buy. So I post this question on four forum that I know. haha.

Many of them suggested me to try other guitars in the store and buying guitar online may not be a good decision because I may not feel right with the guitar I want. Some of them thinks I am over thinking it. Buying a guitar should not have so much trouble. haha. And someone in the AGC has played NE and they said it is a nice guitar which is comforting. The most important help is from here and you, haha, thanks a lots!!! I sincerely thank you for the help!!

My English is not good and I make many silly grammatical mistakes. Thank you for staying with me and my English, haha. XD
Quote by rohash
Yeah it's not an easy decision and you can see why a lot of us own more than 1. You've done your homework and narrowed it down to some very good choices. I think you'll be happy with either, all quality guitars.

It is an important reminder for me that I may not have only one guitar in my life. I think I am treating myself like it is the only guitar I can have and go crazy about what to buy. haha XD.

My seagull is the min-jumbo size and it should be comfortable to play even for a petite lady. It's basically the size of dreadnaught with the curvy shape of a jumbo(skinny waist) and I think a tad thinner(maybe 1/2" thinner than a normal dread).

I think mini-jumbo is good for me too! Yeah!!

Not to rush you or anything but learning guitar takes time and practice and then more time and practice, so the sooner you start the better. Don't wait until you're 43 like me.

I will practise more! I know it is not just about buying a fancy guitar! It is about practising and be a better guitar player. And it is not late to be 43! It is like the second peak time of life (Hope you can understand on this)! I mean it is one of the best time in life, same as time in adolescent! XD
Just found two video of Seagull NE with someone singing with it XD and a video without singing:

Seagull Natural Elements Amber Trail with Adirondack Spruce top
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5niGOn025aQ

Seagull Natural Elements Cherry with a Cedar top
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEZ7_0yYhDs

Seagull Natural Elements Heart of Wild Cherry with Spruce top
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voAyOip1UlY
Last edited by carolove at Feb 24, 2015,