this is my first attempt at building an amp, so here it goes.

ill update again soon, i'm just waiting on some parts.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Good stuff. Do you have a schematic we could have a look at. Is this your own custom design?
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
it is not my design. i also only have a wiring diagram, i couldn't find the schematic.

VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Interesting project. No one can accuse you of taking the easy route here as it will either look awesome or a dogs dinner. I admire your style.
thanks, its a learning process. like i said this is my first ever build, so i am sure mistakes will be made.

Update:
went to my local radioshack that is closing and picked up tons of resistors and various other parts i needed (knobs, 1/4" jacks, 2 way switch, ect.) all for 50% off.

currently waiting on the tube and its socket, as well as some capacitors and that's about it.

this is what i got done when i came home.

VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Cool project, but is that a balsa wood case? If so, that seems like a pretty poor choice of woods.
Quote by Jeffh40
Cool project, but is that a balsa wood case? If so, that seems like a pretty poor choice of woods.

it is, but i wont be using that for the final product.
i'm going to break it down and use the 4 parts as templates to transfer to another more solid material. i wanted to see how i should lay it out. i will most likely be sticking with wood though.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by John Sims
Will you be changing the knobs so that they match?

no, but i do have matching sets of both types of knobs.

i like the the look of the volume knob being different, its gives it a almost an old HIFI amp look.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Last edited by the_white_bunny at Feb 19, 2015,
Quote by the_white_bunny
no, but i do have matching sets of both types of knobs.

i like the the look of the volume knob being different, its gives it a almost an old HIFI amp look.

I'm not feeling it myself. My thoughts with any DIY job is to get it as close to a factory look as possible so that it doesn't look home made. But it's your amp so you can be as bohemian as you like ;-) .