ok so im a nerdy guy and i have seen some people who have made guitars with the millennium falcon acting as the body but i want to do something totally different and make one with an imperial star destroyer as the body anyone got any ideas on where i should start
You're going to snag your hand on the bridge (of the Destroyer) <G>.

There are extremely detailed 3D files out there of the Star Destroyer. It would be a piece of quiche to have a neck pocket designed onto the point of the giant pie slice with some 3D software and then have it output on a 3D printer.
well i think if i use vaders star destroyer as the body design snagging my hand on the bridge wont be an issue as vaders star destroyer didnt really have a raised bridge so that was my plan for getting around that issue cause i knew it would come up
That's way more ambitious than my Star Wars custom. I want to see how this goes.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Holy ****k stick batman, this will be interesting
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
this is actually my first attept at something of caliber so advice would be greatly appreciated on this too i have a link to an image of vaders star destroyer https://starwarsscifimodels.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/imp-fleet.jpg
vaders is the large one in the middle incase you dont know

anyone that might be able to help me with getting appropriate body sizing and placement for hardware please offer suggestions most of what i have done prior has been pretty simplistic easy to figure out shit in which i was easily able to draw up a schematic to work with prior however with this shape i dont know how i want to go about it
and i already know i want to use humbuckers in it so if you know some good ones you would recommend feel free to suggest them
as of now i have thought of some ways i can make this work one thing in particular is that i plan to remove the star destroyers bridge and place the guitar bridge where the ships bridge would normally be
I fear I may be too old for this forum as I have difficulty in comprehending any of the above. Surely the whole point of a guitar is to play music and any modification should be aimed at improving that function. I can't see that any of the above would be anything but detrimental.
Quote by John Sims
I fear I may be too old for this forum as I have difficulty in comprehending any of the above. Surely the whole point of a guitar is to play music and any modification should be aimed at improving that function. I can't see that any of the above would be anything but detrimental.

Damn kids with your MLs and your Warriors! Back in my day, it was a les paul or a strat, and we were fine with that! Makin' all that noise. Should have taken that amp back to the store, it distorts when you crank it up! What is that, Rock and Roll?

Seriously, though, If he does it right it won't be any different than playing a V. It could also go over like a fart in a diving helmet.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
when making this, if components don't fit, remember to force them in
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by rocknroll93
when making this, if components don't fit, remember to force them in

This is the single most important too, you'll need for a job like this:

(Invalid img)
so you are basically doing an arrow head with a neck on it? ..... If I was making it i'd do an X wing
Quote by sytharnia1560
so you are basically doing an arrow head with a neck on it? .....

Damn, you're right. Not being a Star Warsie (or what ever the term is) I assumed it would be something impressive but then Googled Star Destroyer.

I guess it might be prudent to write "Star Destroyer", or what ever its called, on it so people don't think you were making a flying V replica but found the back end too challenging.

Alternatively, buy a flying V and fill in the bit at the back with gaffer tape. You could then put squares of gaffa tape over the whole body and spray it silver (standard Sci Fi FX model build procedure - also good to tack on a few plastic kit parts, semi dismantled sprues, unusual household bottle caps and egg cartons. Spray silver liberally and then dry brush to look weathered (or what ever the space equivalent of weathering is). An afternoons work should see it done.

Job's a good'n.

Last edited by John Sims at Feb 27, 2015,
Or, why not make one of those bike things from the planet with the forest and the teddy bears. It's already sort of guitar shaped and if you wore a ventriloquist dummy on your arm it would look like he was riding it .....vigorously.