Hey guys, I have a ESP EC-1000, a Peavey 6505+, and a Vox Pathfinder 10. I'm looking for a really awesome pedal that will give me a phatter sound than my Peavey (which is more loud and gainy), but be playable in my Vox. I bough the Vox for the cleans, now I'm looking for a pedal to give it a new sound. I realize the EC-1000 isn't the most versatile guitar, but I just wanted to see what suggestions everyone might have as to what I could pair up with my EC, and my Vox. I was checking out the Swollen Pickle as more of a Fuzz/Distortion, but didn't know how that would pair with my EC...

Sorry if I seem noobish, I'm still learning and enjoying every minute of it haha!

Thanks for the help!
What type of sound are you going for? The lead channel on a 6505+ is pretty huge when it's full on...not much a distortion pedal can do to get up to that level. Just curious. You can get pedals to sculpt the tone of the Peavey to where it can be less gainy if that sounds like an idea.
It all depends on what you're going for. I personally use a Maxon OD808 with my Marshall to tighten/fatten the sound. So go try a few good OD pedals if you can. An EQ pedal can do wonders as well for any amp.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
I guess the sound I'm going for is a little more grungy, I'm playing mostly with my Vox now, using the peavey as my metal amp and trying to get more of a grungy kind of sound from my Vox with a pedal. I just don't know how possible that is with a EC
I can get grunge tones on my EC1000 just fine. Mess around with the crunch channel on the 6505 and lower the gain if necessary, then use the maxon to boost it and tighten it up.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
Mesa Mark V 25
get yourself an overdrive and that should get you where you want to be. i suggest either a Digitech Bad Monkey or if you are a little wealthier a Digitech Hardwire CM-2.
I never messed with my crunch channel all that much, I felt it wasn't "phat" enough... But I may have it dialed wrong... And is it smart to have 2 distortions over lapping? Or does that just sound sloppy and muddy?
The OD pedal is for more of a boost to your crunch channel and to tighten things up. Just as an example in modern metal OD pedals are used for just that, but it can definitely work for what you need it. So go play around with your crunch channel and take some time to dial in your tone as close as you want it. Then if it's still not quite enough then you start shaping it with the OD/EQ pedals and go from there.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
Mesa Mark V 25
Some pedals stack very well with others, some pedals, not so much.

+1 for the Hardwire CM2 (Highly stackable). Also, if you don't need more gain, the ehx Soul Food (highly stackable). A Boss BD2 (somewhat stackable) or Fulltone OCD (?) or Full-Drive 2 (finicky) or 3 (?) may work well for you too.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
as in twin reverb? fender? i would go in front of amp if you want volume and grit.

loop with just be clean volume. if you run a boost into a driven amp it may just add more saturation / gain. if you run a boost into a crunchy amp it may add both volume and gain until teh headroom is maxed, and then just more gain.

if you are talking a twin which has a ton of headroom, my guess is run it in front and it may add a lot of volume and some gain, depending on how you set your amp .
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)