Is this true?

(removed)

There are a lot of guitar players out there who don't realize that the sound of a guitar pickup changes over time. Sometimes the change is good while other times it's bad.

This happens mostly with, you guessed it, "metal" guitars.

High-output humbuckers do not break in well and never have. There are "metal" guitars aplenty out there with humbucker pickups that are useless after about 12 to 24 months, depending on how much the guitar was played.

The break-in period of a high-output humbucker is quick, and usually takes less than 6 months. After that, the pickup sounds perfect, but then starts to sound awful in another 6 to 12 months.
BS.

Guy doesn't even try to give half a reason, he just throws that stuff in there.
He likely doesn't have any idea of why that would happen himself

There's no reason why such stuff would happen with the kind of magnets we have today, and even 60 years ago the thing wasn't nearly as drastic as the guy makes it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I've had my Schecter C1 for 8 years now...the JB/59 still sounds like a JB/59. My EMG equipped Teles still sound like they have 81s. Now getting used to a new pickup sound maybe the "break-in" period. The Texas Specials in my Strat threw me for a loop when I first got them because they're so different than "standard" strat singlecoils but my ears became used to them. I don't think I agree with this.
The blog is garbage, but it sure does have a lot of Amazon referral links.

Look at his other posts. This guy is just a referral link troll. He says absurd, obviously stupid stuff just to get views on his blog.
Update: the user who posted this thread is Rich Menga. He's done this before on a few other accounts.

Blogspam troll, nothing more. Sad.