I've been playing out of my Ma15x practice amp for close to a decade now. It was handed down to me from my dad and I've grown to love the little guy. Unfortunately I can't find much info on them at all, google only has 2 photos come up in the search.

What I'm looking for is either,
A: If they were produced, a combo/head version of this amp
B: An amp with a very (or that can achieve) a similar tone
C: Someway to mod my current practice amp into running a cab/operating as a head

This photo looks quite a bit like mine, as the other picture is from a new model I believe.

I don't have a budget limit right now, low as possible but to be able to get this tone is kind of a sentimental endeavor as much as anything.

I play Surf, Punk, Shoegaze, Ska, and some Metal; but I would be looking for more of the punk/surf sound out of an amp; and am more trying to match sound to the matrix and not and particular genre.

Anyway I'd appreciate any help/experience people would be willing to share, thanks.
i think you should go to guitar center and try some amps and see what you like.

not to say anything bad about your amp, but i think if you try some new amps you might be happier. from the extremely limited information i found about it, it doesn't seem great.

what would be a reasonable budget for you for a new amp?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i think you should go to guitar center and try some amps and see what you like.

not to say anything bad about your amp, but i think if you try some new amps you might be happier. from the extremely limited information i found about it, it doesn't seem great.

what would be a reasonable budget for you for a new amp?

I'm planning on going in with my band mates this week to check out a bunch of amps/heads. I was hoping I could find something similar tone wise.

I probably should have mentioned, I have a Peavey Bandit, and a Marshall Mode 4 as well. I just love the way the Matrix paired with my 80's Squire.

This i my cab: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MC412B

I would say 1-200 at most for a head since I already have a cab.

For a brand new amp, I would say I'm looking for a good classic surf tone over anything else. Something clean, that can overdrive nicely. One of my favorite things about the Matrix was if you cranked the gain, it would overdrive into having a very tasty reverb.

I've always had my eye on Orange gear as well, I know I'm going to be checking those out.