i love the concept! it's one of those bits of gear that you need to try for yourself to see how well it works though, it's so easy to show the best sides of a product like this in a demo.

one question though, how does it output the bass and drums? does the whole 'band sound' go through the output? if so how does this not get messed up by the amp and other effects?
The only practical use I could see for this is if you were a clinician of some description. Outside of that, it doesn't seem like a particularly useful tool. Not for $179 anyway. If a venue legitimately paid someone good money for them to just play along to that, they'd be getting ripped off.

The novelty is kind of alright, but could see it wearing thin really quickly.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
You can do the same sorta thing with a Zoom G3/5. Only there's no bass and its all...manual, but the Octave effect does an ok job. I would guess the bass simulation on that may be useless to a lot of people and drum machines are pretty widely available. It may be a cool gadget though. I'm sure I'd have a bit of fun with it but it would probably end up in my stray pedal drawer.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
The first thing that came across my mind when it was announced was that it could be a good songwriting tool. For me there's not much practicallity of it past that.
I have one. At first it's a little intimidating if you don't jam much with others. Your on the spot and it's all you. The pedal plays along like you play. If your stiff then the bass & drums are too. If your felling good about it, it sounds pretty good. It does not come off as robotic and sounds pretty much like a couple of people playing there with you. There's a few things that I'm not too sure about. The effects that are allegedly available for the genre you choose. They don't seem all that great. It doesn't seem to like playing beside pedals or in a pedal chain. Mine sometimes refuses. I can't get it to play with the Fender Mustang IV with any preset other than the generic pre amp. Thats a weakness that needs to be addressed. The documentation is pretty thin and vague. But if you have an idea and want to try it out in a jam with a bass and drums, it's a nice thing to have at your command. Mike your amp and pull it into Audacity or your favorite DAW add some keyboard and load up to Soundcloud to embarrass your kids. In all seriousness though it's a pretty good pedal you won't regret having.
Quote by jecooper86
one question though, how does it output the bass and drums? does the whole 'band sound' go through the output? if so how does this not get messed up by the amp and other effects?

I think it’s intended to be plugged into an external audio jack. This pedal is for practicing and busking, and external audio jacks are common on practice and busking amps.
Not really pertinent, but why in the world would you need a footswitch? Who would ever use this thing in a live setting where that's necessary? And in that one odd case where someone could decide to, certainly you'd just pre-record something with it anyway.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
Not really pertinent, but why in the world would you need a footswitch? Who would ever use this thing in a live setting where that's necessary? And in that one odd case where someone could decide to, certainly you'd just pre-record something with it anyway.

Quote by Eppicurt
The only practical use I could see for this is if you were a clinician of some description. Outside of that, it doesn't seem like a particularly useful tool. Not for $179 anyway. If a venue legitimately paid someone good money for them to just play along to that, they'd be getting ripped off.

The novelty is kind of alright, but could see it wearing thin really quickly.

Ever heard of busking?
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Jul 1, 2015,
I have had one a few weeks now, and it really suffers from version one glitches. When it's on, it's a great little tool for acting out some ideas. But mostly, it's off and misses or adds beats, even bars (doing a 3 chord 12 bar blues can be a frustrating nightmare). without some way to record directly, it's a major pain most of the time. Personally, a good recorder and drum machine are a better better bet until they work out the glitches. Once that happens, adding new features like an integrated looper with export capabilities, recording or inserting rhythm guitar or midi input....this could be a great tool for the home studio. But in execution it just misses. Wait for the firmware update or even a new version.
I had the same problem with my Mustang V as in one of the earlier posts, until I worked out (RTFM) that you can split the output signal. Send the bottom one (drum and bass - headed mixer I think,) to the FX loop return, and the top output headed amp, into the guitar input and hey presto, all of your patches work and the drum & bass sound excellent.
It depends on what sort of player you are and what you want to use it for, but since buying mine, I have played a lot more and am having a lot of fun with it. I have just ordered the foot pedal to make better use of switching between the 3 patches. Its a shame there is no option to save tracks - but you can't have everything. Its revolutionised how I practice and play and I love it!
I had one on my wish list for some time but deleted it.I use a Looper a lot and the two aren't going to work together unless you are super acurate with the loop. I have also heard that the generated backing tracks can be a bit arbitrary and won't necessarily reproduce the same thing consistently even if your chord input is identical. This would make it too much of a risk for live use.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Eppicurtmulefish ...works great live for me.....once you learn how to use it ....but maybe not everybodys cup of tea. ?