Hello musicians...!

Another competition between two guitars. What do you think about PRS SE Santana and Gibson SGJ in term of looks, finish, playability and which one is more worth it?

This will be my last comparison before I buy one of these guitars. I like a lightweight guitar, and to me SGJ feels more confident coz it's made in USA.

your replies will be appreciated..
sorry but that series of gibsons are kinda on the poor side to me. stripped to the bone and made pretty cheap. admittedly the SG's were better than the Les Pauls but tha's not saing much.

go with the PRS
Quote by dhenia182
oh and SGJ doesn't have neck dive issue so it's a plus

Who told you this?
All SG guitars have neck-dive issues, but it doesn't bother a lot of us. Who told you it had no neck dive issues? because they are an idiot
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'd take the PRS SE any day over that Gibson.

The PRS SE is going to be the better made instrument in every way imaginable - better construction, design, quality and finish. Few factories come close to the workmanship of World Musical Instruments in Korea considering the price they sell for.

If you really want a Gibson, save up for an SG Standard or Les Paul Studio at least.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
I'd take the PRS SE any day over that Gibson.

The PRS SE is going to be the better made instrument in every way imaginable…

Quote by Robbgnarly
Who told you this?
All SG guitars have neck-dive issues, but it doesn't bother a lot of us. Who told you it had no neck dive issues? because they are an idiot

No, I tried SGJ at the store with my strap on and it didn't have neck-dive issue. I guess it's because SGJ has maple neck instead of mahogany. I love how light weight it is! I haven't tried PRS SE Santana though..
Quote by dhenia182
H

Another competition between two guitars. What do you think about PRS SE Santana and Gibson SGJ in term of looks, finish, playability and which one is more worth it?

This one is easy. The SGJ is a piece of junk compared to the PRS SE Santana. Hands down.
Quote by dhenia182
No, I tried SGJ at the store with my strap on and it didn't have neck-dive issue.

Well there's your answer! Your strap on was keeping the guitar in its proper position.

Oh, you meant guitar strap.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 17, 2015,
Quote by dspellman
This one is easy. The SGJ is a piece of junk compared to the PRS SE Santana. Hands down.

yeah I heard all good things about PRS SE, I'm just gonna forget about SGJ
Yeah get the PRS. I don't really care for Gibson anymore these days, and the LPJ and SGJ are especially not worth the name that's written on them.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 17, 2015,
I finally chose GIBSON SGJ because the PRS SE Santana that I tried was much heavier.
I love the sound of Gibson SGJ from its 490r pick up, it can do blues , rock and has a nice clean tone. I picked the white finish because it was the only one left at the store. It has some pink stain here and there. Well I must admit, the fretboard finish is poor and it has sharp fret ends. But the feeling of holding a gibson in my hand is priceless. If i had more money I'd probably choose PRS S2 Mira instead. Anyway this one is a keeper though. Thank you for all your replies!
Congrats! Now...when do we get to see pictures?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Congrats! Now...when do we get to see pictures?

Thanks! I don't know how to add pictures in the message :S . But I already uploaded one on my gear pics