Quote by institutions
dark jazz?

http://youtu.be/6Zl5vpy__dQ

(idk if this is "dark jazz")

idk what genre this is considered either but I ****ing love this album. maybe doom jazz?

i dont really see how that "dark jazz" song is related to jazz at all.
I've use the site a little bit, really think it'll be awesome when I get a music listening mood though.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

"deep deep tech house"

I've always been confused about the subgenres of electronic dance music, but this website confirms my suspicion that they all mean roughly the same thing
has anyone else seen where "Comedy" is?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
half of those aren't eve genres just words

considering all the nonsense names it is ridiculous that they forgot my favorite type of electronic music though

also why would they Include technical brutal death metal but not brutal technical death metal
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
half of those aren't eve genres just words

considering all the nonsense names it is ridiculous that they forgot my favorite type of electronic music though

also why would they Include technical brutal death metal but not brutal technical death metal

You can't expect it to be 100% accurate. There are literally hundreds of styles of music out there, it can be hard to classify at times. It just clumps similar styles of music together.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
"deep deep tech house"

I've always been confused about the subgenres of electronic dance music, but this website confirms my suspicion that they all mean roughly the same thing

Deep deep tech house isn't a thing lol

Deep tech house is though
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
most of the electronic genres aren't actual subgenres. Like people will call a progressive house song "deep" as an adjective but no one considers deep progressive house to be a genre.

and the track they have for progressive house is a big room song smfh

my inner elitist jimmies are rustling
Last edited by caeser1156 at Feb 17, 2015,
so you're telling me that classic russian pop isn't actually a genre
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by mind_meld
"Intelligent dance music"

as stupid as the name is its a real, and pretty popular, style of music.

its what Aphex Twin, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Flying Lotus, Tycho, Squarepusher, Moderat, Amon Tobin, and The Gaslamp Killer, are all technically considered.
IDM only exists because people have really narrow views on what certain genres should sound like.

Sounding weird is not a basis for a genre
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I agree, I think its a stupid genre, but its real nonetheless.

Part of me kind of agrees that the separation between IDM and EDM makes sense but at the same time I think IDM is a pretty stupid genre.