Hi there,

I have a blackstar HT5 mini stack and was trying to connect the GT 10 into its effect loop. However I got no sound from the amp at all. I am 100% sure that the amp effect loop works because I tested it with my other pedals. Also the GT 10 itself works normally.

The only configuration that works is: Guitar --> GT 10 input --> GT 10 output --> Amp input

I also tried the 4 cable method and it doesn't work either. However when using 4cm, if I bypass the effect loop of the GT-10, I can get sound from the amp but it's like using GT-10 as a preamp and the blackstar as poweramp (knobs on the amp don't affect the sound at all).

I am really confused here... Thanks for looking and any advice will be appreciated.
Stupid question, but you did connect everything right, correct? You didn't try connecting sends to sends and returns to returns at all?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Stupid question, but you did connect everything right, correct? You didn't try connecting sends to sends and returns to returns at all?

I'm sure I connect everything the way it should be. Thanks for the reply!
Quote by Will Lane
Amp Send > GT-10 input

GT-10 output > Amp Return

Yes that's how I connect them. Thanks for the reply.
Have you toggled your FX loop level switch on your amp yet?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Have you toggled your FX loop level switch on your amp yet?

There is only a push button in the back to switch between -10db and +4db. I tried both and neither worked. Thanks!
Is it a stereo output? Have you made sure the output isn't thrown to the side you aren't using?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Is it a stereo output? Have you made sure the output isn't thrown to the side you aren't using?

I used the L/MONO output of the GT 10 if that's what you asked. Thanks!
Quote by yangruialex
I also tried the 4 cable method and it doesn't work either. However when using 4cm, if I bypass the effect loop of the GT-10, I can get sound from the amp but it's like using GT-10 as a preamp and the blackstar as poweramp (knobs on the amp don't affect the sound at all).

You're not supposed to bypass the effect loop. It has to be enabled. The amp is in the loop.
Quote by JELIFISH19
You're not supposed to bypass the effect loop. It has to be enabled. The amp is in the loop.

I am aware that in the 4cm the preamp of the amp is in GT-10's effect loop. I only mentioned that because if I enable the GT-10 effect loop there is no sound. Thanks!
Problem solved. I switched one of the cables with another one and it worked... really wield cause the replaced cable works perfectly fine...
I have a Monster cable that only works sometimes, I just chalk it up to demonic possession.

FYI, Guitar Center doesn't exchange Monster cables anymore, the frickin' bastards.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
I have a Monster cable that only works sometimes, I just chalk it up to demonic possession.

FYI, Guitar Center doesn't exchange Monster cables anymore, the frickin' bastards.

how can they not, I would assume if they sold them they would have to honor the warranty.

Sometimes shit is dumb. But that is surprising.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
how can they not, I would assume if they sold them they would have to honor the warranty.

Sometimes shit is dumb. But that is surprising.

I was kinda pissed. Monster still honors the warranty, but you can't exchange it at Guitar Center anymore. Livewire is still exchangeable at GC, I know what I'm buying from now on. Screw Monster and their shoddy, overpriced cables. GC probably got sic of exhanging them so often.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
I was kinda pissed. Monster still honors the warranty, but you can't exchange it at Guitar Center anymore. Livewire is still exchangeable at GC, I know what I'm buying from now on. Screw Monster and their shoddy, overpriced cables. GC probably got sic of exhanging them so often.

i have quite a few, i won 4 of them in a competition in Sam Ash a long time ago, and then i got some from a CL ad, where he was selling them for half price new. they aren't the best, but i really didn't pay a lot compared to what i have .

i am making them from now on. bulk cable and switchcraft ends, i have had good luck with that from the patch cables i made. now i am going to order more for main cables.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/