Page 1 of 2
It's exactly the same guitar, just being sold at a different price - not many places in Europe beat Thomann's prices.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yeah Thomann's prices are pretty amazing.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
You should buy an amp separately. You don't want that one.

What is your budget for both guitar and amp? We may be able to provide suggestions for a full set up that would suit you better than what you're considering.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
i'm not sure, just a good one at a "low" price. i don't have the money yet, i'm saving up slowly
that guitar will do me though, now i just need an amp and cable and a pedal but i dont need that yet
Well if you dont have an amp and you need to get a sound out of your electric I think that bundle is quite good deal. I mean Spider is shit but for just 50 pounds extra over guitar only and that includes a strap, cable and a pile of picks and a tuner and a gig bag. The amp is practically free at that point! I cant think of alternative even from used market.

People here tend to automatically say NOPE whenever they see a Spider without looking at the big picture and prices. I say go for it. Its a good deal for new stuff and it will get you started, tone hunting can come later.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Feb 18, 2015,
+1 to MaaZeus.
For a starter, Line 6 Spiders are fairly good for the money. That bundle also has loads of picks, a tuner, strap, cable and gigbag. TBH, it'd be hard to find a better deal.
the tuner strap and gigbag isnt a big deal since i have one (my brother had two). and pics. can i get a better amp with a budget of 200$?
If you mean £200 just for an amp, easily. Orange's new Crush amps are very, very good for the money and the most expensive one is £199 with the cheapest being £99 and the middle one being somewhere inbetween. I recently tried out the £199 one and it sounds great. I mean, it's no Marshall full stack, but it's one of the better practice amps out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk_r-pjTq3s
Quote by Zydrate
200$ ausd not euro mate, thanks tho

As in Australian dollars?

I assumed you were in the UK as your original link was a UK dealer.

If you're in Australia, none of what you're looking at may be available to you.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
yes australia, it allows shipping to australia. i made sure i checked :P
Affordable shipping though?

Dawson's policy only says to call for a price and Thomann has a minimum rate of 50 euros, potentially more for larger packages, so it's very likely you'll be able to purchase locally for less.

You also need to factor in the potential for returns. What if you receive something faulty? You'll have to pay to ship it back to Europe for any exchange/refund you might need.

I don't know Australia at all so don't know what's there, but it could be worth you setting up a Guitar+Amp recommendation thread, and state your budget & location so you can get the best options possible.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Australia? Then there will be shipping costs involved. Also you will get custom taxes slapped on top of it. I dont know how much it is in Australia but generally in western countries it is at LEAST 20% on top of the final price.

Australia sucks for buying music instruments, we know. Everything is expensive there. You may find better deals outside but always check how much is the shipping and calculate the custom taxes on top of it to see if the deal is really worth it over buying locally.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Dammit, thanks for the help. i'll try looking for a local one. i guess i gotta spend more $..
If you're in Australia hop on Gumtree and try to find a used Epiphone LP. They go from $400-$500 with a hard case.
Also, you have to take into account the exchange rate, that LP from Thomann is actually AUD$650 before shipping which would probably be around AUD$100. That'll put it as the same price as buying it new domestically. Also a lot of those big music chains don't ship to Australia.

To get a cheap but decent LP go on Gumtree and see if there's any near you. It'll be easier if you live in/near a big city. Just change your location.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-epiphone+les+paul/k0

Once you find a good one which you think you want to buy make a thread about it here and we'll be happy to help you out
yeah i converted it first ofcourse :P. i can go with a secondhand i just want a good guitar is all, if the guitar needs fixing when i get it who do i pay to fix it? i live in a smalltown with no guitar shop
oh you gotta meet them in person to get the item? that aint gonna work :P
If you are in Australia and you want the best value for money I would go with Artist Guitars

http://www.artistguitars.com.au/buy/artist-lp60-electric-guitar-plus-accessories/70009

http://www.artistguitars.com.au/buy/nux-frontline-30-guitar-combo-amplifier-30-watts/12291

Unfortunately they are out of stock on LP style guitars but i have found their service and products to be excellent
anyone know any other site? really want that lp cherryburst guitar. anything below 650 is good
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Gumtree is pretty much a giant garage sale but online. You would have to ask the seller if they can ship it to you, then you send them the money and hope that they send it...
What city do you live in? When buying second hand it's best to meet the seller and pay cash if you can. That way you know everything is legit.

If it has to be below $650, wait a while, do some chores, earn some pocket money or do some work to save up the extra $100 and get yourself a brand new Epiphone for $750. Unfortunately for us Aussies we do have to pay through the nose for musical instruments and gear (however we do have relatively higher wages, so you could argue that it isn't really that bad, but that's a story for another day).
Have you considered the Standard model over the Plustop? You can get a Standard in Goldtop for $675 http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?prodname=Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar&module=STORETIGERV2&pageMode=indiv&productID=175270&storepid=3
As for amps, if you're going to be playing in your bedroom by yourself get a multi-effects and a set of headphones. That way you can experiment with different effects and it covers all the tones you'll need. The Boss ME-25 can be had for $225 on eBay, free postage. This will give you better sounds than any amp for this price. If you want an amp however, get yourself a Roland Cube. various models include:
- Micro Cube ($170)
- Cube 20GX ($215)
- Cube 10GX ($200)

The Cubes are great starter amps that are a lot better than any other 10 watt craptice amp you will find in a starter pack. I'd recommend the Micro Cube if you want a more portable setup or the 20GX for a bit better tone and more effects to play with. Hope this helps
the plus top isn't needed, but id prefer it in the cherry sunburst colour, thanks for both recomendations guys..
i can't decide between cherrysunburst or vintage burst o.o.. not that it matters yet
You could look at a PRS SE 245 they are cheaper and IMO better guitars
If you can deal with a trans-grey finish here is one for $679
www.belfieldmusic.com.au/prs-se-245-electric-guitar-grey-black.html

Or a cherry burst for $729
www.belfieldmusic.com.au/prs-se-245-scarlet-red-electric-guitar.html
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
would the prs se 245 have the right tone for guns and roses songs?
Page 1 of 2