Hey!

Trying to find a isolated cabinet for home recording of electric guitar.

IsoCab Rus

Demos
sound quality:
http://youtu.be/-sJB4fHU-2E

sound deadening:
http://youtu.be/yq7DFFMdzfo

This device was designed to give a possibility to record electric guitar at home
with good studio quality sound and have no problems with neighbours.
It is possible to volume up a real tube amp, and it will be comfortable
for all people who are around.
It is 10-15 times quiet, than a usual open guitar cabinet.
It gives you a special prepared studio quality area inside of this cabinet
for recording with microphone.
Special combination of professional acoustic materials and panels were used and set inside.
So, all negative reverberation and sounds of unprepared room are cancelled.
All sound is inside. And it is good quality sound.

Goose neck holders for 2 microphones are included and set inside.
You can set a 1x12' speaker almost of any size. (For example: Celestion Vintage 30 or Eminence Legend V12)

- - - - - - -

What do you think of it, like a solution for home recording?

Photos
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009041902429
Last edited by 1403016 at Feb 17, 2015,
You want to hear it in person. You'll likely find that it's NOT as quiet as you'd hoped it would be, and that it changes the sound more than you thought it would. It's bulky and storing it is an issue.

These things have been around for decades, and they've never gained much popularity even when there weren't great alternatives. Churches in particular tried to use them to eliminate direct sound and run everything through a mixer.

These days, computer software and modelers have pretty much taken over; you can record a part directly into the computer in the middle of the night while sitting next to the sleeping baby, and you can change the sound virtually any way that you want, including changing amps, cabinets, fx, power amp simulations and much more.
Well, thanks for opinion, but for 100% shure, that things like Axe Fx, Torpedo, Kemper and else, are still not good. Sound is still synthetic though it's much more better, than it was 10-15 years ago. I tried them all already. And still waiting, when guitar sound will become small and not heavy.
In all this software and hardware things, synthetic weakness appears, we can see it when we do the mix. It is as different as real woman against rubber woman)))
That's why combination of Speaker, air, microphone is still the best.
It's differes on the final mix. If you need a home quality - software is usable. But if you need something better, we need speaker, air and mics
Deppends of course if you need a real sound or don't.
I need it - that's for shure.
and actually I don't wait, that this cab will give me 100% quiet. it's almost impossible, cause you need walls +/-25 inches thickness to hold the sound, and the device would be very heavy and really big,
I'm waiting for a reasonable compromise, that I want to reach.

Rivera, Grossmann, Randall and Jet City unfortunately didn't give such
Rivera has tunnels inside, that let all the bass go outside - so it's loud.
Grossmann - is very uncomfortable to use.
Randall and Jet city - doesn't make sound quiet. But they are cheap.
So quality according to price.
Last edited by 1403016 at Feb 17, 2015,
You can use a loadbox with an amp, like the Torpedo Live or something similar. You dont need to use full amp emulation.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky
You can use a loadbox with an amp, like the Torpedo Live or something similar. You dont need to use full amp emulation.

Torpedo, Axe, Kemper and etc. - is like ribber woman)))
It's not good at the final mix

Only speaker,air,mics are good enough
Sacrifice a closet or something in your house or do like my cousin did when building his home studio...make an isolation room. The latter being if you want to spend the money on it. I personally have never been impressed with the sounds of isocabs. Either the speaker built into them sounds like crap or there's not enough air for the sound to move and it sounds dead. Of all the recording projects I've done either modelling or open cabinets has beat the sound of an isocab with a JCM, Triamp, or even a Cobra hooked to it.
Quote by JBailey23
Sacrifice a closet or something in your house or do like my cousin did when building his home studio...make an isolation room. The latter being if you want to spend the money on it. I personally have never been impressed with the sounds of isocabs. Either the speaker built into them sounds like crap or there's not enough air for the sound to move and it sounds dead. Of all the recording projects I've done either modelling or open cabinets has beat the sound of an isocab with a JCM, Triamp, or even a Cobra hooked to it.

Good suggession, thanks, but if there is no space for a room.
Did you check these demos?
What do you think of sound?

Demos:sound quality:
http://youtu.be/-sJB4fHU-2E
sound deadening:
http://youtu.be/yq7DFFMdzfo
I'll have to check in a bit...on my work computer with dial-up grade internet

The mics, air movement, speakers, etc etc, and all that is only half the equation too. It's going to have to take practice and adjustment in the DAW to make any isocab sound great just because it's a different environment than sticking a mic in front of a cab. It's probably not going to be a plug and play deal but it's do-able.
Honestly, that demo doesnt sound any better to me than what you can pull out of the Torpedo or even some great modelers like the Kemper.
If you're trying to find an iso cab, why do you keep posting demos of the same product? What's the question here?

Seems like you're selling more than buying.
Quote by 1403016
Torpedo, Axe, Kemper and etc. - is like ribber woman)))
It's not good at the final mix

Only speaker,air,mics are good enough

You have no idea what you're talking about. You've obviously never actually used an iso cab.

One of the issues with manufactured iso cabs is that the smaller they are, the more boxy they can sound. I've worked with nine or ten different ISO cab designs. Because you're closing up the whole system, you create some damping issues that affect how the speaker sounds. It also affects the microphone; even though it's a cardiod (or similar direction) mike, sound can't escape (by definition) and you will get some interesting things happening with it.

It's fairly rare to find people using iso cabs for recording these days, but I urge you to buy one and find out why.
Last edited by dspellman at Feb 17, 2015,
Actually, I used Randall and Jetcity, Rivera and Grossmann isocabs.
Not good, even not by sound quality, sound is +/- ok, but Randall and Jet city don't do the silence around the cab. Rivera does't hold bass inside and it beats the floor. and like with Grossmann it's impossible to put amp on the top, cause to change the mic position, you need to keep the top of their cabs clear. And this one is unknown, and not cheap. That's why I keep questioning.
Quote by 1403016
Not good, even not by sound quality, sound is +/- ok, but Randall and Jet city don't do the silence around the cab. Rivera does't hold bass inside and it beats the floor. and like with Grossmann it's impossible to put amp on the top, cause to change the mic position, you need to keep the top of their cabs clear. And this one is unknown, and not cheap. That's why I keep questioning.

Manufactured ISO cabs all (so far) have major compromises. You can build your own, however, that are usable. The problem is that they're going to be big and bulky. If you've got the space (churches often do, some homes) then you're in good shape. It's a bit like building an old-school studio, where you build extra subfloor, interior walls and ceiling baffles to eliminate exterior sound from coming IN. Except this time, you want to prevent it from getting out. You also want to give the back of the speaker some enclosure volume (even if it's stuffed with sound deadening material). The last time I built a couple of these (I didn't do the carpentry work itself), I think we went through three designs and a ton of research before we settled on a really good solution. Eventually one of the sound deadening materials was sand, and there were actually two boxes inside each other inside the exterior box. One of the keys is to brace the walls of each box themselves so they don't resonate.

One of the issues, by the way, was heat buildup. Speaker voice coils are rated in wattage, but that's really a measure of their ability to dissipate heat (probably 90% of an amp's power output is wasted as heat), and that's part of the reason there are larger diameter voice coils on some of the higher wattage speakers. Since the whole point of an iso chamber is to STOP the movement of air, it acts as an insulator, and heat can't escape. When/if a speaker DOES go, it will often do so with a little flash of flame, and that can be a fire hazard.

Here's something else, however, that will make your life easier (if more expensive). Look up the Fluxtone speaker. By replacing the standard magnet with a variable electromagnet, you can change the efficiency of the speaker without changing the characteristic sound (the things that account for that are the moving parts), and you can do so up to 25 dB. That's the equivalent of turning your 100W tube amp into a quarter-watt. Thus, you can crank the hell out of your amp head, not disturb the important output transformer <=> voice coil circuit (as you would with an attenuator) while eliminating some of that extra sound. The only thing you might miss out on is speaker breakup (though that's usually not as predictable soundwise AND it usually results in some expensive speaker replacements on a regular basis).

Ultimately, the iso cabs have largely been done in by the "ribber women" modelers. Even for the really picky, it's getting easier to use software to do really good tone matches of existing artists' sound and use those as a basis for your own modifications. And they're a lot smaller and easier to cart around than iso cabs.
Quote by 1403016

Wait, so you used 4 different isocabs already, and they all sucked. But you are still saying that they are better, even if they sound worse than the modelers. Eventho people that actually use isocabs told you that they are inferior to modelers. And somehow you are still hoping that this random no name russian isocab is gonna be amazing? I mean, go for it dude, but i seriously dont understand your logic, and you are going against every advice in this thread
Get a Torpedo.
Since you have no idea what it is, it is a load box that will emulate speaker cabs/types. It does this extremely well (I guarantee you will not be able to tell the difference). You still use your amp not a modeler, but it makes recording/playing silent. All you need is a set of headphones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tOiRESwkNtU
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 19, 2015,