If you looked at Earth from a planet 65 million light years away you'd see dinosaurs!

Page 1 of 2
MIND=SHATTERED

Holy shit! I can't believe I just learned this and never thought about it before. I just thought of it as only being time to travel distance, I forgot to think of the traveling process of light!

So essentially, if we look at a star that's 10 million light years away, what we are actually seeing is what the star LOOKED like 10 million light years ago. It could still be there or completely gone by now. This all means we are essentially traveling through time, and looking at the past. Space is so f*cling fascinating!
Thing is that there is no way you can get 65 million light years away to actually see those dinosaurs. Cause it would take you a minimum of 65 million light years to get there. Unless you believe in the hypothesis of worm holes.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I like my minds blown, not shattered.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Have you just discovered the speed of light is 3e8 ms-1

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
This all means we are essentially traveling through time

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Assuming you could, ofc. Since 65 million light years is almost 30 times as far away as Andromeda, you'd be lucky if you could even detect a supernova in this galaxy at that distance.

Quote by EndTheRapture51

But he hasn't discovered the inverse square law, obviously.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Time is a dimension, maybe 4th maybe 5th who the f*cl knows
That means in 65 million years aliens will see you so you are in a sense immortal.
It'd be easier just to build a time machine.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Actually you'd see shit all because you'd be 65 million light years away.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Actually you'd see shit all because you'd be 65 million light years away.

not if he had binoculars
Quote by Bladez22
not if he had binoculars

Where the hell is he gonna find binoculars if he's 65 million light years away
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Where the hell is he gonna find binoculars if he's 65 million light years away

FedEx deliver.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by radiogaga88
This all means we are essentially traveling through time, and looking at the past.

I don't really have anything to say to this, I just like reading it like somebody is yelling it at me in an excited way.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Yeah but has this been proven tho like has someone done this then went to said place and saw it was different.

Also is the universe all level like can you see planets and shit that are up and down and not just east and west.

And how did the millennium falcon work like does he use time portals how does he move so fast and travel so far in one direction without hitting anything????
Quote by Wormholes
Yeah but has this been proven tho like has someone done this then went to said place and saw it was different.

Also is the universe all level like can you see planets and shit that are up and down and not just east and west.

And how did the millennium falcon work like does he use time portals how does he move so fast and travel so far in one direction without hitting anything????

But also a woah moment is... Just think of the aliens capable of watching us from a distance and looking at our planet or area of the universe and seeing possibly nothing because our galaxy hadn't been fully developed yet so there is nothing currently of interest for them to see.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Sounds like he hasn't even discovered that the world is only 6000 years old yet.
Quote by Nero Galon

But also a woah moment is... Just think of the aliens capable of watching us from a distance and looking at our planet or area of the universe and seeing possibly nothing because our galaxy hadn't been fully developed yet so there is nothing currently of interest for them to see.

Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
This is actually a pretty common thing to know. Another fact is that since light has mass, it curves on every planet it passes so the star that you see is actually in a differnent place. The space in actually untouchable, about 60% is what we call black matter and we have no idea what it is. The solar systems are so far away from each other that there is absolutly no way to go there.(exept if we use wormholes, but the possibility of survival through them is zero) So we are are in this tiny small planet, looking at the massive space knowing we will ever see what it has to offer. Kinda romantic isn't it?
That's actually very depressing.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
ermagerd basic physics wow
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by radiogaga88
MIND=SHATTERED

Holy shit! I can't believe I just learned this and never thought about it before. I just thought of it as only being time to travel distance, I forgot to think of the traveling process of light!

So essentially, if we look at a star that's 10 million light years away, what we are actually seeing is what the star LOOKED like 10 million light years ago. It could still be there or completely gone by now. This all means we are essentially traveling through time, and looking at the past. Space is so f*cling fascinating!

shaking my smh my head

I'm just being pedantic, don't mind me, carry on, nothing to see here.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by ehbacon
I had this thought a year ago when I was 14. Get on my level TS

Well I had it two years ago, when I was 6
Quote by radiogaga88
MIND=SHATTERED
Holy shit!
f*cling fascinating!
Gee willikers!
Wowzers!
No way!
Get the **** outta here!
Shut the front door!
OMG!
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by WaterGod
That means in 65 million years aliens will see you so you are in a sense immortal.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Woah that's trippy. Since the universe is consistently expanding. Even trillions of years from now aliens will be able to see me masturbating. My jizz will live on forever.
Quote by Not_my_username
Another fact is that since light has mass, it curves on every planet it passes so the star that you see is actually in a differnent place.

light has no mass, which is why it must travel at the speed of light. but it is in fact affected by the curvature of space-time.
Wow! You could write a cracking SF story based on this premise.

The aliens 2000 light years away look at our planet as it was two millennia ago and see us in mud huts and using spears. They travel here expecting an easy conquest and BLAM! we nuke the ****ers.
Quote by Jehannum
Wow! You could write a cracking SF story based on this premise.

The aliens 2000 light years away look at our planet as it was two millennia ago and see us in mud huts and using spears. They travel here expecting an easy conquest and BLAM! we nuke the ****ers.

Can't tell if sarcastic or not...

Going to go with sarcastic.
Quote by Diemon Dave
ITT: Kids who watch Cosmos take this as their opportunity to sound like hella-smart astrophysicists instead of talking about cool time traveling dinosaurs.

Nerds.
If you looked at Earth from a planet 65 million light years away you'd see 7 billion people opening champagne bottles just for getting rid of you.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
> 2015
> still believing dinosaurs exist
Last edited by Fat Lard at Feb 18, 2015,
Quote by Fat Lard
> 2015
> still believing dinosaurs exist

Yeah I'm not convinced either.
Nor about crude oil being made from squashed forests with dinosaurs in, but that's another story
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by VillainousLatin
Isn't the minimum age to register to UG 13 years old or something like that? Someone ban this 8 year old fool.

I mean, my dog was 6...yes that's it...definitely the dog
Page 1 of 2