I wrote this song in 2009 and finally got it recorded in the last few months. This is one of the first original home recordings that I've actually been satisfied with so I thought I'd put it up here to see what anyone thinks of it!

Oh, the video and audio were recorded separately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiYppZmhD7I
The riff is a bit repetitive but you make it interesting with gnarly solos. Huge fan of the genre, 3:15 had me rlly feeling it! Couldn't help but headbang, reminds me a bit more of Unida than Kyuss, that bass is groovy. If the drums were tighter this could be really be amazing, and its just short of that. Seriously good job on this song dude, I really like what I hear!
Quote by owen556
The riff is a bit repetitive but you make it interesting with gnarly solos. Huge fan of the genre, 3:15 had me rlly feeling it! Couldn't help but headbang, reminds me a bit more of Unida than Kyuss, that bass is groovy. If the drums were tighter this could be really be amazing, and its just short of that. Seriously good job on this song dude, I really like what I hear!

Thank you very much for the feedback!

Drums are definitely my weakest area. I barely know anything about writing and playing them. I program them for the time being, but hopefully at some point I will be equipped to record drums (and a drummer) for real.
Quote by SONNY MUNSON
i think you should cut around 2 khz. do it. cut 2k.

What would that do exactly??

I don't do anything with EQ's or compression or anything like that yet, I really just use recording as a songwriting tool so far. This lets me write entire songs on my own, and then I'm able to bring them into band practice so that we have more songs than just what we write together.