Hi forums

I'm trying to get the hang of a technique that I've seen used a few times. Vito Bratta does it in White Lions cover of Radar Love. (2:50). There's a better look at it here (1:24) but I can't seem to get it at all. I can see he's pulling off the 4th and 2nd on the D, but how does the other hand come into it? A very light touch down the string? Is it a variation on some other harmonic trick?
Put a finger (I prefer the pinky) on the string really lightly (applying no pressure pretty much) & as you are pulling off the 4th & 2nd frets, move your finger down the string. Make sure your you are using a distorted sound otherwise you may not be able to hear it.
not certain but "random harmonics" maybe.

and yeah EarnHF got it. you're playing normally with the left hand (just doing pull-offs) but lightly touching the string over the pickups with one of the fingers of your picking hand (and moving it so the harmonic node changes) will effect the moving harmonic type of sound you're hearing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've heard it called "autoflanging" in a good few places.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.