Hello experts,

I'm rather new to amp / electric guitar scene. I've mostly just been playing acoustic guitar. I've bought a used Spider Line 6 200 W amp from friend it's working perfectly and ti was really cheap.

I've started a lot on finger picking lately. I got now also a Gretsch G5420T Electromatic Hollow Body BK Guitar. I'm trying to immitate the amplifier settings for Chet Atkins, Merle Travis, Jerry Reed playing styles.

I'm rather new to this, I'm mostly trying to set it up by ear. But I'm starting to have some second thoughts wether it might be the amp not suitable for this playing style or perhaps I need some pedal board with some other effects?

If you can post me some settings on the amp without any additional equipment I'd appreciate it so I can test it out.

Thanks
Use the Fender setting on the amp, add some reverb/delay
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
One of Chet's little secrets was in his guitar's neck. I don't know how often he did this but if you look at Chet's prototype 6120 guitar there was a pickup mounted in the fretboard under the low E and A strings. Chet had a separate output just for that pickup that he could feed to another amp channel (or amp) and adjust the volume of just the E and A strings when he was thumb picking. Really quite unique and a great idea I had never heard of before. Look closely at this picture. (see link below)

http://tomdoyleguitars.com/Chet_Atkins_6120/proto1.htm
Attachments:
ChetAtkins_darkeyes.jpg
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Feb 18, 2015,
Didn't Chet play though a bass head Pedal Steel amp?

Any nice clean amp with some slap-delay should work, you already have the most important piece: the Gretsch.
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???