So I was just browsing on youtube and for some reason the full screen function no longer goes properly full screen, it still shows the html and tabs.

Personally I find this really irritating, just wondering if any of you guys are experiencing the same thing?
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
It's still working for me, but firefox just started informing me every time I go fullscreen on youtube (thanks for that - I can see that my entire screen is covered by a video.) and every time I watch a video it asks if I want to allow firefox to run Nvidia 3D vision, which I don't.
Firefox started asking me if I want to allow Youtube to go fullscreen, but apart from that it's normal.
I have nothing important to say
Since getting an Android phone I've moved to Chrome. Plus Firefox started using stupid amounts of processing power and is generally slow so nah.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
It asked me if I wanted to allow Nvidia 3D which is stupid because I don't have a 3D monitor.

Since then youtube's been running off java instead of flash I think, which means I can select only between 360p and 720p, but it buffers more of the video, so I might like it better this way.

Other than that it's fine.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Plus Firefox started using stupid amounts of processing power and is generally slow so nah.

This is what made me switch. The CPU usage just gradually bloats until it freezes.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Kinda want to move to Chrome but I've been using Firefox for the past five years and don't feel like making the switch.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Yeah, youtube really messes with firefox, the more add ons you have the more it messes up.
FTFY
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I used to, but it was too slow so I changed to Chrome
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Since getting an Android phone I've moved to Chrome. Plus Firefox started using stupid amounts of processing power and is generally slow so nah.

That was the case a few years ago but I think now when using the latest version of each browser, Chrome uses more processing power than Firefox does.

I use both but Firefox mainly at home. I don't get the issue OP is having but I always have Adobe Shockwave Flash scripting issues in Firefox. Seriously, fuck Adobe's crappy software.
What is with firefox freezing up all the time? It Freezes up on this site at times as well.
Quote by Axelfox
What is with firefox freezing up all the time? It Freezes up on this site at times as well.

I think it's mostly because some of the add ons are not compatible with each other and cause crashes.
Quote by stratkat
Since then youtube's been running off java instead of flash I think, which means I can select only between 360p and 720p, but it buffers more of the video, so I might like it better this way.

Oh yea, this too. My internet has a pretty crappy amount of data per month, so I usually stick to 360p, but sometimes I want just a little higher quality and go for 480p, then if it's something that I don't care about the quality at all I drop it to 240p or 144p, so only having 360p and 720p is pretty irritating.

I do like that I was watching a long video earlier, paused it, and when I went back the whole thing was loaded and ready to go instead of just the next 20 seconds or whatever it's been for the past forever.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
This is what made me switch. The CPU usage just gradually bloats until it freezes.

I tend to have amounts of tabs open anyway so I think Firefox and Chrome on average use the CPU power but closing tabs in Firefox never seemed to free up CPU power, but on Chrome it does.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
why is it that computing power has increased one thousand fold since 20 years ago, but web browsers actually perform worse now?
I've never had any problems with Firefox. Just keep it up to date and all of the plug-ins up to date, and everything should run just fine. It's not complicated.
firefox works just fine for me too, so i've never felt like switching.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Recently my shockwave crashes with embedded youtube videos, even if I don't play those youtube videos. No idea why this happens/.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
someone tell me which browser uses the least amount of processing power because Firefox has gotten out of hand in that regard and good lord are the crashes annoying.

i swear Mozilla has a kill switch on their end because it crashes like clockwork right after i tell it that i'd rather wait to update instead of restarting when i'm in the middle of some shit.

i think i actually have Chrome already installed from when i set up my Chromecast, i just never use it because FF has all my passwords saved and i don't feel like transferring all that shit over.

^yeah. all kinds of flash objects crash on me for no apparent reason.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i swear Mozilla has a kill switch on their end because it crashes like clockwork right after i tell it that i'd rather wait to update instead of restarting when i'm in the middle of some shit.

have you considered that it keeps crashing because you refuse the updates
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
have you considered that it keeps crashing because you refuse the updates

i don't refuse the updates. i meant it like i'm using it with the most recent updates up until it notifies me there's a new one.

i say "no" and intend to do it later when i'm done with whatever bullshit i'm doing and then it crashes within a half hour.

CONSPIRACY. MOZILLA DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Ever since I started using dual-monitors I'll get the occasional glitch with fullscreen for some reason. If you're using flash, after you click the fullscreen button on the video check if theres a flash application icon appearing down in your taskbar. If you click on the icon, fullscreen will work. This is assuming you're on windows. If you're using a Mac then I'm sorry for your loss.
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST...-Zappa
just make sure you have flash and firefox updated. but youtube should switch to HTML5 pretty soon so by then everything should run smoothly. have no problems here as it is.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
I have youtube video's crash randomly. Problem between firefox and flash It's on the right update, have updated and even reinstalled it.

The problem is mainly when switching to HD when the video was alrdy buffering on lower resolution, or by simply closing full screen. Screen of the vid goes black, and I get a runtime error and I get the "plugin is crashed" msg. Quick refresh and problem is gone, but it's very annoying.

I did copy my firefox profile (bookmarks, cookies settings etc.) when I got a new pc, perhaps that messed something up.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
I have youtube video's crash randomly. Problem between firefox and flash It's on the right update, have updated and even reinstalled it.

The problem is mainly when switching to HD when the video was alrdy buffering on lower resolution, or by simply closing full screen. Screen of the vid goes black, and I get a runtime error and I get the "plugin is crashed" msg. Quick refresh and problem is gone, but it's very annoying.

I did copy my firefox profile (bookmarks, cookies settings etc.) when I got a new pc, perhaps that messed something up.

probably. you could try with a new profile, or maybe update your graphic drivers (assuming you havent tried other browsers yet)
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
probably. you could try with a new profile, or maybe update your graphic drivers (assuming you havent tried other browsers yet)

Other browsers np.

I do have 2 graphics cards. Perhaps my system gets confused which to use

It also only happens with video's from youtube. I never had this problem ever with video's from another site.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 19, 2015,
Quote by xxdarrenxx

I have this exact problem, with everything updated.

I think it's more of a problem with flash, flash has never been the most reliable player. I thought it might as be because I disable ads using adblock plus that might screw with my video playback. What I really hate is when this happens and it's because youtube automatically tried to bump up or down my quality mid video, even after turning auto detect off.
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 19, 2015,
I used firefox up until about 3 years ago when I switched to Google Chrome. It worked fine to begin with, then it just became super glitchy, as in, pages not loading, random pages being blocked no matter how many times I unblocked them and it kept deleting my preferred search engines.

Google chrome of late has been performing shockingly though.....not sure if I should switch back or not.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
If your browser is slow, close it every now and then.
The more sites you visit in one session, the more data your browser stores so you can quickly return to a previously viewed page. Close the browser to clear that and start over.