I almost always engage a boost and noise gate on my gain channel to get a more modern br00tal kind of sound from my amp.

It's a pain to switch channels! I have to hit up at least 3 pedals and am barely coordinated enough to do it. I am sure others have run into the same issue.

I was looking at these-

http://www.joyoaudio.com/en/product/fl_54.html

Has anyone tried this kind of set up? If I could switch my channel and turn on a few pedals in one stomp that would be amazing.

It says:

.2 ×on board fully programble trigger switch(relay)

I am thinking this means the channel switcher. I use a Tremoverb and it has (4) standard 1/8 plugs for the footswitchable functions. It would be cool to get the onboard reverb or trem controlable since right now I just have a single buttons switch.
Last edited by cGoEcYk at Feb 19, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz

i have always wanted one of those.

(danny, you need a new amp)

OP - there are things that can be done simpler and cheaper. you can get (or BUILD) a looper pedal, which would alternate two loops of pedals with one kick, all it is six jacks a switch and an enclosure.

you could see if Tim will do it if you don't want to build one.

here is a diagram with led's, but its much more complicated than is required.

http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/Looper-Switcher/Effect-Order-Switcher-Wiring-Diagram.png
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Feb 19, 2015,
Quote by trashedlostfdup

(danny, you need a new amp)

I have a feeling that this will be your catchphrase for me for the foreseeable future...

Kind of like Cato the Elder's "Carthagio delenda est!", you will hound me until I relent!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Be aware (as I'm sure you are) that even if you have a switcher, you can't change a setting on a pedal. If you wanted a lot of reverb from one stomp and a little bit of reverb from another stomp, you're not going to be able to do it with a single reverb pedal.

I'm convinced this is one of the reasons that Multi-FX like the Pod HD500X were invented. You can not only activate and deactivate multiple FX, but you can do so with completely different settings on every single effect. In fact, because most of the Multi-FX are MIDI capable, you can activate and deactivate multiple multi-FX (plus a few rackmounts and, probably, the lighting setup for the band) with a single stomp.

Oh, and when I contemplate the spaghetti of wiring required and all the possible points of failure in a complicated pedalboard, my brain hertz.
i do agree with dispellman depending on uses.

if you want to hit two buttons instead of three or four, and don't need to change the settings, go for the loop switcher type of thing. then you turn that group on and that is it.

if you want to make changes on parameters, obviously you need to go MFX. M13 would be fine for just effects, or maybe a POD500x if you want amp sims.

it all depends on your use (i have three rigs running at different tines) but on those rigs, they do what i need done and i keep all the settings the same all the time. so that if you don't need to change adjustments, i like pedals better. i think that the pedals i have are better for what i like than the POD. but i only use OD's delays on all rigs, wah on one sometimes, or a octavia thing or some other modulation.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Oh, and when I contemplate the spaghetti of wiring required and all the possible points of failure in a complicated pedalboard, my brain hertz.

I do have MFX units I like, but when I contemplate what I could lose if I suffered MFX failure- every preset I have until it is repaired (if it can be)- MY brain hertz.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

The moral of the story: don't use any pedals. Be safe on stage
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
joyo pxl pro is great for the price ($160 new on amazon for me) and allows both amp input and fx loop assignments. I have one and love it.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I do have MFX units I like, but when I contemplate what I could lose if I suffered MFX failure- every preset I have until it is repaired (if it can be)- MY brain hertz.

Good point.

OTOH, I have backups, and the presets are stored on the computer and downloaded into each. And for the most part, I've been leaving only the foot pedals (FBV Shortboards, for example) front of stage. The electronics themselves are in the backline, and the only connector at the front of the stage is the ethernet cable that runs from the footboard to the backline. Learned that from the old G-system, which had an electronics unit that could live on the foot pedal itself or in a rack on the backline. Everything, including all AC power, wall warts and even the wireless (if I'm running one) are out of the way in the backline.

Haven't lost one yet, but the backups are there just in case.
Last edited by dspellman at Feb 20, 2015,
Practicing safe guitaring!

Thanks for the thoughts guys! Just wanted to make sure that one of these things would work.