I decided to go with individual pedals instead of a multi unit for the better quality. I use a blackstar IF. It has delay built in but would getting a mxr carbon copy be higher quality? I also want a looper. Which is better ehx 360 or the ditto? The amp also has chorus wit would a boss chorus pedal sound better? I just want the highest quality. Please give me your opinion and as always thank you guys.
The separate pedals would sound 1000000x better than the built in features on the amp, plus pedals have many changeable parameters the built in stuff doesn't have

The MXR Carbon Copy is highly recommended, though you could look into stuff like the TC Electronic Flashback or a Boss DD-7

Not sure on loopers but out of those 2 i'd go for the Ditto looper

And boss pedals are generally pretty good, the Boss chorus pedal would be a good choice I reckon, plus it'll never break due to it being built like a tank
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
Analog vs. digital delay is something you'll have to decide for yourself. Analog delays don't typically have long delay times. They also sound warmer, fuller and will not always replicate the signal with 100% accuracy. Digital delays have extremely long delay times, sound brighter and will always perfectly replicate the signal, unless you're using a lofi or tape delay setting.

MXR Carbon copy is an excellent analog delay pedal. I recommend checking out the Malekko 616 Ekko as well. They cost the same. You can also check out the EHX Memory Toy/Boy/Man, however they are not as popular. If you want flexible delay, go for a TC Electronic Flashback or some other similar digital delay pedal.

For chorus pedals, you can't go wrong with a Boss CH-1 or CE-5. You can get them for around $50 used. The TC Electronic Corona seems to be pretty popular and would also be a good choice, but more expensive.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Last edited by nick.culliton at Feb 19, 2015,
A lot of people like the discontinued Boss CE-2 way more than the CE-5. Alternatively you could check out the Mooer Ensemble King, which is a CE-2 clone in a compact size without the inflated price tag. I think they're about $50 US.

I've got a cheap Caline Blue Ocean delay. I don't really use a delay but it sounds fine to me. It repeats the sound, has a level, delay and repeat knob, so it's a delay right?

I've heard good things about the ditto looper, don't think you can go wrong with it
^The Mooers are about $50. At that point, I think most people are better off getting a used Boss unless space is a really big issue. Guitar Center has new ones for $69.94 on sale from $88. Not bad. I'm not sure how long that price will last.

There's also the D onner Tutti Love, which is like $35-$40. But again, I think anyone would be better off with a used Boss pedal at that point.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band