Hello,

Took a look at the Carvin V3MC and Laney IRT-30 amps. Wow! 3 channels, built in attenuators for lower wattage for when stage volume is an issue, reverb, buffered effects loops. All for $649 and $699 respectively.

Are there any other combo amps like these that can even compete with this much features for so low a price? I'm trying to weigh all my possible options before diving in for the purchase.
peavey xxx/jsx

mesa MKIV mesa MkV roadking. probably others
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yep XXX as mentioned is a very nice amp and tough as nails. Put some good tubes in it and your good to go.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
I have the V3m head version with 2x12 slant top and GT speakers and I am happy with it , it does take a learning curve to dial in the tone but it's there , I bought this to replace my Peavey 6505 112 combo that was too heavy to carry and so far I'm totally happy with my decision
Many recent vintage Mesa amps are technically 2 discrete channels but 3 gain stages. Clean/crunch/shred. Used ones can be found in a similar price range and they are hand wired and built like tanks. They also always sound pro.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Feb 19, 2015,
I have the IRT 120 and I love it. Great tone after plenty of tweaking. I'd strongly advise it for heavy rock/metal, but also has a superb clean channel. I've heard the combos don't have the best speakers though.
Gibson SG (Goddess - Violet Burst / Standard - Alpine White)
Laney Ironheart 120W and Celestion V30's

(Front) Polytune 2 noir > Cry Baby Wah 105Q Bass > Octave Multiplexer > BAT Pharaoh Fuzz > MXR Line Driver
(Loop) ISP Decimator G String II > Hardwire Supernatural
Voodoo Labs PP2
another thumbs up for the v3m. This little thing is amazing. I got the head for $550.00 with the footswitch included.

It's pretty much a tweakers amp....you can dial in anything. It's got enough gain to play anything, and cleans up very nicely. Not to mention the cool LED's you can turn on/off...and make em blue or red. They'll light the room up.
I also found the Tubemeister 36, which looks like it has the same features mostly! Bit more pricey though....

Which of these amps have the better cleans?
The RM100 is three channel too. I see them go for around $600 on US ebay all the time.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification