I got a wrong one which is say Allen key number 4. And now I don't know I should get number 2 or 1 or 3.

Just tell me the number.
Nobody can tell you which you need without knowing exactly which guitar you actually own. Your best bet is to buy a set.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 20, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Nobody can tell you which you need without knowing exactly which guitar you actually own. Your best bet is to buy a set.

This. The others will likely come in handy in non-guitar-related situations, too.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Buy sets of Allen keys, in both mm and inch-measurements. There's only one that will fit each screw, and if you use the wrong one that almost fit, you risk stripping the screw if you apply any force to it. Not worth taking any risks, a stripped screw is a pain to remove and replace - and if it's the truss not nut, you risk making the whole guitar impossible to adjust.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I have at least twos sizes for my Floyd-equipped guitars, and often another for the truss rod.
It's a MIM so I get 1.5 and It don't fit so I buy another 2.5 and It's too big -.- I guess It probably 2.0 mm size. thank for a late help.
It's 3/16", not a metric key.

Sizes vary by brand and model so next time if you give that information in the first post you'll get help a lot faster. Or you could google it, "MIM truss rod key" comes up with the answer right away.
The truss rod is 3/16'' on the MIM Fenders, yes, but the saddle screws are 1,5mm.

Yes use inch keys. A metric key may fit but it is not exactly a right size (eenyweeny bit smaller) and in worst case scenario can strip the bolt and then you are screwed.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
But the thing is Fender use imported parts for some of their guitars, and those use metric measurements. You can't use inch keys for those in the same way you can't use metric keys for inch-screws, without risking stripping the screws.

Best advice was in the first response - get a set. One metric, one imperial. They're cheap. Better than making three trips to the store and guessing every time - and that was just for one screw.
Quote by Roc8995
Best advice was in the first response - get a set. One metric, one imperial. They're cheap. Better than making three trips to the store and guessing every time - and that was just for one screw.

The saddle screws are tough to find. when i did find a place that had them i bought 3 or 4 of them. The truss rod is common.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Buy a damn set lol.

Its handy to have around anyways.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3