Hey, I want a cheap pedal to go through my effects loop of my 94 twin, so I can get a volume boost on my distortion channel, so the LPB-1 is gonna be perfect, but would it add any gain, because I want to get slightly more gain in my sound during solos.

Thanks.
Quote by ilikekfc
Hey, I want a cheap pedal to go through my effects loop of my 94 twin, so I can get a volume boost on my distortion channel, so the LPB-1 is gonna be perfect, but would it add any gain, because I want to get slightly more gain in my sound during solos.

Thanks.

you'd probably want to run that in front of the amp. yes it will add a small amount of gain but not much.
It adds grit and some tone coloration. I find myself getting more low-end. It's also very, very, very loud. I have it set at like 9:15 (about 9 o'clock is unity for me) and it adds quite a bit of volume.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Quote by monwobobbo
you'd probably want to run that in front of the amp. yes it will add a small amount of gain but not much.

Nah, I have pedals, but cannot mess with them, as they are fro others bands, in front of the amp, they give no volume boost, as it is a valve amp, and the distortion channel is high gain, it will only saturate it more, hence the effects loop, thanks for your input though.
Quote by nick.culliton
It adds grit and some tone coloration. I find myself getting more low-end. It's also very, very, very loud. I have it set at like 9:15 (about 9 o'clock is unity for me) and it adds quite a bit of volume.

Ok, would you recommend looking somewhere else? Because of the colouration.
Well, if you like the coloration, then no.

If you don't, then yes. It's expensive as hell for a boost pedal (IMO) but the Fulltone 2B (also in the FD-3) is truly clean. It adds almost zero grit.

I'm getting a Soul Food next week. A lot of people use them as a clean boost. I can let you know how it sounds in comparison to my LPB-1, but it probably adds color.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
I have not tried a comparison but an MXR microamp may add more coloration. It is still on the cheap side of pedals even though it costs between twice and three times as much as the LPB-1.

If you want clean volume boost, place the pedal in the effects loop. If you want less volume boost but more of a nice tone, place the pedal in front of the amp.