Now i am not interested in this guitar but i was looking at local craigslist ads and this one popped up. Nothing on this looks right but maybe i am missing something?

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/msd/4884643709.html
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/divisions/gibson%20usa/products/gotm/50yearcommemorativeflyingv/

Seems like some kind of a limited edition.

Google is your friend...
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine

Google is your friend...

or just clicking on the link provided in the sales add......
may be just the shit lighting in the pix but the finish doesn't look the same and i don't really see a flame top either. you can find gibby supreme LP's that are copies all over the place and i wonder if this is like that as well.
yeah, i looked at the google search and site... it just liked more like a Chibson or some fake of the the real one. Often the UG folks can spot little things that wouldn't stand out to the average person.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
You mean aside from the fact that it looks like someone spraycanned the finish with Krylon clear coat?
Cry yourself to ash
Am I missing something or is "Guitar of the month 2008" a bit off?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by Vampire_State
There's something up with that finish.

Yep, it's exclusive for this model....
Eh... the guitar in the ad still looks weird, compared to the pics Paruwi posted. Finish looks wavy and gross, and the headstock shape looks off. Not the triangle shape; I realize that it's not supposed to be the standard Gibby headstock. Even compared to the pics Paruwi posted, the headstock in the ad looks strange. Too short and fat. Could be an issue of the camera angle, though.

Either way, real or not, the finish on the guitar in that ad looks gross. I wouldn't buy it, regardless of everything else, just because of that. It does look like a shitty amateur spraypaint job.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
The finish is not the way the finish is supposed to look, the numbering on the back of the headstock is also a different style.

It's fake.
Cry yourself to ash
Quote by Ippon
1800 is a bit stiff although I'd hit it if it was a silly price.

the same guitar sold for 1600 at another sale...
Quote by Vampire_State
The finish is not the way the finish is supposed to look, the numbering on the back of the headstock is also a different style.

It's fake.

How many have you seen yourself to be able to tell the world it's fake ???
Quote by paruwi
How many have you seen yourself to be able to tell the world it's fake ???

One. There was one in a shop here when they were newer.

Besides the fact that you can clearly see the back of the headstock is wrong and the finish is jacked up.

Cry yourself to ash
I passed on these when they were new as well as the explorers that came out at the same time. Even Gibson's own marketing photo's made them look like crap. And at the time they were hideously overpriced for a flying v or explorer although those prices don't seem so out of line now. Never seen one in person, but I do remember seeing someone post one on a forum somewhere and thinking "Wow, Gibson should have used HIS photo. That looks awesome!"
To me it looks fake not only due to non flat sanded and properly buffed finish, but the logo looks to be hair off on the font, and way off on the placement. The one on the Gibson site shows the n of gibson ending in the red pearl inlay, and the bottom vertical line of the G in gibson is way to the left of the tuner head. Also as mentioned it appears to be missing the made in USA on the back of the neck.
It's legit
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
it's legit.

aaaaaand it's butt ugly.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.