Hello, I don't know much about equipment for guitars at all, honestly. I hope to change that very soon and become informed on what I need for the sound I want to achieve. I currently have an O.K. setup (or I believe it's ok). I currently have:

Guitar: LTD MH-100QMNT (Just bought this yesterday and love it)
AMP: Crate FW15R
Pedal: MXR Super Badass Distortion
Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Need:
Noise Gate
Amp

This is my current little setup. Before my LTD I was using an Ibanez Gio (Not sure of the model but I picked it up at a pawn shop for $80 so I know it's not really important). The Gio was great for me to pick back up guitar and just play but I started to record my own music. At first I was stuck using the cable that came along with the game Rocksmith. I know you're all probably laughing at the thought of recording on that but it was all I had at the time and completely broke. Most of the recordings I have on here are actually from that cable so it did me well. I think between 6 - 8 songs with the Ibanez + Rocksmith cable came out of that. I finally was able to upgrade from the cable to a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and the quality increased greatly. Even though the upgrade did increase the quality there was still some to be desired with the tone. The Ibanez was at fault with that. I realized an $80 guitar was not really meant to be recorded with so I set out on getting a new guitar just the other day and bought the LTD I currently own.

The next piece of hardware in my journey is to get a new Amplifier. I can't afford a halfstack yet although I will in the future. The one I currently have (Crate FW15R) is good as just a practice amp but not if I'm going to be playing music live. I'd like to know what you guys believe would be a great amp for my style of playing (Just take a listen to my music really fast). I'd like to get much better sometime soon and with a lot of practice I know I'll be there eventually. I'd like to get the sound of modern Metalcore style guitarists. Bands such as Parkway Drive, As I Lay Dying, Emmure (Don't hate me for this one) and other bands in the genre. My current price range would have to be up to $500.

If you also have any suggestions on other pedals, guitars, and recording equipment please, I'd love to know what would be better than I have now that would be 100% worth the money.

Thank you to whoever took the time to read and respond to my questions.
6505+
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
6505+

Amp not amp head. Also, I did say $500 limit haha. From what I found on this amp head, it costs $999.99. I don't have that much to spend.
Quote by Donald8274
Amp not amp head. Also, I did say $500 limit haha. From what I found on this amp head, it costs $999.99. I don't have that much to spend.

6505 has a combo form also.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
6505 has a combo form also.

Ah, ok thanks. I didn't see that. As I said I have no knowledge on equipment.
don't pay more than $350 used. new they go for $600.

there are also 5150 2x12" combos.

i haven't owned any of the combos, but i had the head for a little while. not totally my thing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Is it just not your style of playing or do you not care much for what it produces?
5150 III just as another option.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
5150 III or any 5150/6505. Celestion Vintage 30 for speakers.

Probably out of budget. Worth saving for.

Run a noise gate and your favorite overdrive pedal into it. Metalcore. There you go.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
If you're gonna go for a 6505 combo, if its not too expensive i'd swing for the older USA made 2x12 combo. I like my 6505+ combo, but it's currently needing fixing, and a fair few issues (albeit seemingly minor ones) seem to pop up with the + combos.

Also used market is your friend, especially if you're in the US.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ambler3
If you're gonna go for a 6505 combo, if its not too expensive i'd swing for the older USA made 2x12 combo. I like my 6505+ combo, but it's currently needing fixing, and a fair few issues (albeit seemingly minor ones) seem to pop up with the + combos.

Also used market is your friend, especially if you're in the US.

i am not sure if that is a fair statement. yours may have issues, and i have seen a few in the last few months, but for all that own one to the 'issues' is a pretty good stat of good v. bad.

but i do agree to get one of the older 5150 2x12" combos.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I sometimes wonder if Peavey comes on here every once in awhile and asks this very question to make sure their amps are still getting plenty of attention.
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)