Hardwire TL-2; same layout to the Metalzone but it is just sonically better, not as digital. I wouldn't say it's exactly amp-like, but compared to the metal zone it is. Unfortunately it won't handle the flute section at the 39 second mark.

The keeley stahlhammer is worth a look when it comes out; maybe some of the pedals from AMT too. Other than that, there aren't too many pedals in that range with the gain on tap to do black metal, and if it does have the gain, the tone isn't quite top-notch.

I assume a new amp isn't an option at the moment?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Feb 21, 2015,
Thanks a lot Maidenheadsteve for your reply! I'll check your suggestions! Do you think that it would be better to try some multi effect pedal (of course after raising the bugdet a bit..)

A new amp isn't an option at least at the moment, cause I am interested in home recording through focusrite for the moment and at a studio later on.
what amp are you using now? if you want to do home recording then i'd be more inclined to get something like a Line 6 POD or a multi-fx unit with amp models. a dostortion pedal through a crap amp won't give you good sound when recording.
Yeah a used Pod and using one of the Marshall models might be better idea depending on what amp you have.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I'm using a Peavy Rage 158 transtube.
However, when I record I do not use the amp. My set up is Guitar-->MetalZone-->DI Box-->Audio interface
Quote by sam_thanasis
I'm using a Peavy Rage 158 transtube.
However, when I record I do not use the amp. My set up is Guitar-->MetalZone-->DI Box-->Audio interface

get a POD or something wth amp models what you are doing now won't deliver the best sound at all.
If you're trying to play OG black metal, just stay with that pedal.
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)