Alright guys, I've finally gotten all of the pedals I desire as well as starting a custom pedal board from the new "Hejne" boards from Ikea (replaced the gorm boards). What I need to know is, how do I set up these pedals? Before you say "there are no rules", I know this, however I would like a basis to experiment with from you guys because I really don't know where to start. I know I can move things around, but I need some help getting off of my feet, some of these pedals probably won't be on the board, I'm sure you can assume which ones. Anyways here's the list:

Korg Pedal Tuner
MXR Stereo Chorus
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Big Muff Pi w/tone wicker
Boss Noise Suppressor
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Marshal Gov' Nor
Boss MetalZone

If you guys can give me a pretty general road map that'd be great, starting from what pedal connects to the guitar all the way to the amp. Thanks again.
do you need that many distortion pedals?

usually guitar > tuner > wha > distortion/overdrive > time based fx is the way to go. i don't use a noise suppressor so someone can chime in on that.
Quote by monwobobbo
do you need that many distortion pedals?

usually guitar > tuner > wha > distortion/overdrive > time based fx is the way to go. i don't use a noise suppressor so someone can chime in on that.

No absolutely not, the Muff and the DS1 are probably the two making the cut. I like the muff since its more of a fuzz tone, and the metalzone was a pedal I got back when I first started years ago which is horrible, before I stopped playing. And I picked up the Gov'nor awhile back to replace the metalzone. Just havent gotten around to getting rid of them yet.
Last edited by Scibsmetalrock at Feb 21, 2015,
In addition to what monwobobbo said, ideally you would put do "chorus -> delay" into the effects loop of your amp if you have one. Same goes for reverb.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Quote by nick.culliton
In addition to what monwobobbo said, ideally you would put do "chorus -> delay" into the effects loop of your amp if you have one. Same goes for reverb.

thanks for the input
i'd think hard about keeping the marshall pedal over a ds-1. if you prefer the ds-1 then more power to you but the marshall is geerally considered the better pedal.
Quote by monwobobbo
i'd think hard about keeping the marshall pedal over a ds-1. if you prefer the ds-1 then more power to you but the marshall is geerally considered the better pedal.

Yeah thats the beauty of pedals, very easy to exchange. I may end up keeping both depending on certain sounds I can get. We'll see. Still waiting on my actual board and power supply to come in though. Then the final product can be determined. The board is gonna be pretty big so I could probably fit every pedal, even if I didn't need them.
Quote by Scibsmetalrock
Yeah thats the beauty of pedals, very easy to exchange. I may end up keeping both depending on certain sounds I can get. We'll see. Still waiting on my actual board and power supply to come in though. Then the final product can be determined. The board is gonna be pretty big so I could probably fit every pedal, even if I didn't need them.

if you don't really need them then don't put them on the board. no reason to run the signal through more than you have to. hell if i put every pedal i own on a board it would have to be pretty big. i usually only run 4 pedals at a time. some are just for special use so aren't on my board unless really needed. i have a seperate setup for hendrix type stuff as well.
Guitar->Tuner->Noise Gate->Wah->DS-1->Muff->Chorus->Delay->Amp

I personally find that Noise gates should come earlier in the chain than the Wah. Otherwise the wah doesn't seem to work as well.
Quote by monwobobbo
if you don't really need them then don't put them on the board. no reason to run the signal through more than you have to. hell if i put every pedal i own on a board it would have to be pretty big. i usually only run 4 pedals at a time. some are just for special use so aren't on my board unless really needed. i have a seperate setup for hendrix type stuff as well.

Well i'm just another guitar hobbyist so I dont need a perfect signal or anything for ocassionally playing in front of friends and family. Not like I'm gigging and need to make a great impression, but I'm going to put everything on to start and slowly dwindle down what I dont use.
Quote by pinheadslts75
Guitar->Tuner->Noise Gate->Wah->DS-1->Muff->Chorus->Delay->Amp

I personally find that Noise gates should come earlier in the chain than the Wah. Otherwise the wah doesn't seem to work as well.

Thanks I will test out this theory
Yeah, usually, it goes as follows:

Tuner --> Noise Suppressor --> Wah --> OD/Distortion/Fuzz --> Modulation FX

In my chain, I have CS-3 before my NS-2. I should try them in the reverse order sometime, but the above is typically considered the "conventional" pedal chain.
Skip the username, call me Billy