Playing a Beatles song with my FIRST BAND as a guitarist (YAY!). Day Tripper, in case you're wondering. Anyway, the top of the solo has a bend inward on the high E string, and every time I release it the G string twangs. I don't know if it's my LH finger technique or my RH muting technique or both, but it's driving me up the wall and keeping such an easy catchy solo from being perfect.

Any help appreciated.
Agile AL-3010SE Goldtop
Carvin 4-string kit bass
Stradivarius copy cello
-><-
Congrats on the band. About the bend trouble - both your LH and RH technique play into this. For your RH, make sure you aren't anchoring too much, and your RH is free to move from string to string as you play. This will leave it in a good position to mute the adjacent strings when you're all the way down on the 1st string. With my LH, I'll do the bend using mostly my 2nd and 3rd fingers (and wrist to apply the force). I'll flatten out my index finger and use it to cover, but not press down on, the one or two strings above (in physical space, not pitch). That's probably the biggest factor for me in being able to bend with confidence, and not worry about unwanted noise from other strings.
Finally, look at the setup on your guitar. If your action is too high, it's a lot easier to get under adjacent strings when bending, and have to work a lot harder on muting.
Hope this helps.
I'm the opposite, I have less trouble with high action because I can get my finger under the next string up, which is not played. With low action I can't get under the strings and have lots of trouble. I rarely even try to intentionally mute anything, at least during leads, but I do keep my right hand where I can if I need to. I use the heel of the right hand to mute everything if I need short, choppy notes, but being able to dig under the upper strings is rarely a problem. I still get another string now and then, but it doesn't happen often. I guess it's just a matter of developing the technique so I don't catch the string hard enough to let it twang as I come out from under it. This weekend I had trouble with my fingernail hanging strings, so that'll need to be filed a bit before I play again...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Thanks for the help. It's cleaning up already. Just gotta practice a little different coordination and make it work.
Agile AL-3010SE Goldtop
Carvin 4-string kit bass
Stradivarius copy cello
-><-