I've been in the market for a guitar as of late and have been thinking about getting an SG.
Originally, I was gonna get the new Gibson Double Cutaway but didn't like how the neck felt, as well as the E-tuner all the new Gibson's have so I almost bought a new SG.

But instead, I went with my gut and went to a different Guitar Center, and lo and behold, they had the guitar I've been wanting for so long.

It plays like a dream, sounds phenomenal. Just thought I'd share this awesome discovery with the UG community!

Last edited by JakeWest187 at Feb 22, 2015,
HNG(ibson)D!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
P90s rock. Enjoy!
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Congrats! I almost bought a yellow one years ago. P-90's DO rock.

Oh, and the grammar Nazi requires me to point out, the phrase is "lo' and behold."
Quote by Hydra26
Congrats! I almost bought a yellow one years ago. P-90's DO rock.

Oh, and the grammar Nazi requires me to point out, the phrase is "lo' and behold."

iPhone likes to autocorrect things it seems like lol.
Looks absolutely great! I'd say I want one myself but that applies to most guitars...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I just picked up a nearly identical guitar cloned by a different manufacturer.

I have to admit it really wasn't a guitar style I've appreciated over the years, but it's grown on me in person. Friend of mine also has an original '50's version in very checked TV yellow.
Frickin' sexy! HNGD! I have an old, naturally relic'd, MIJ, knockoff of that guitar, it's been one of my favorite players for years. Plenty of punch and chime and an effortless player. Imo, it's the perfect guitar. Congratulations on your new addition!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Zhaezzy
This is one of the few new Gibsons I would like to have. I do not have a P-90 guitar at the moment and would love to add one to the collection. Congrats... sound clips samples????

It's funny you say that, because I tried one of the newer Gibson Cutaway models and I absolutely hated it. The neck wasn't comfortable to me at all, the brass nut was kinda weird, and I just hate the e-tuner's or whatever they're called.

Mine is a 2006 model from what I understand.
Try out a Reverend Sensei 290, then. Very nice.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Try out a Reverend Sensei 290, then. Very nice.

Just looked, they look rad!
I haven't seen one before.
Quote by Zhaezzy
This is one of the few new Gibsons I would like to have. I do not have a P-90 guitar at the moment and would love to add one to the collection. Congrats... sound clips samples????

It's not a new one,

they've been made 5-8 years ago