I am relatively new guitar player, been only playing for a year and an half. I own Epiphone Les Paul Special I P90 and I noticed that my intonation is out of tune on the higher frets. Now I know that I need to adjust each string individually so the open string matches with harmonic tone but the bridge doesn't have any intonation adjustment screws. There is only 2 screws for height adjustment but it doesn't do much for intonation.

The guitar: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-les-paul-special-i-p90-electric-guitar

Take a close look at the bridge, there are no screws for individual string.

How do I set up intonation on this particular bridge? If it won't be possible what bridge should I get instead?
Non-adjustable bridges like that suck.

All you can do is to adjust the two screws to set the intonation for the low and high E strings, and if the other strings don't intonate right, you're shit out of luck.

If you want to throw money into the guitar to make it better, buy one of these.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/All_Hardware_and_Parts_by_Instrument/Electric_Guitar/Bridges_and_Tailpieces/Non-trem_Tailpiecess/Adjustable_Wraparound_Bridge.html

Allparts also sells them at a good price. But make sure the spacing is for import guitars and not imperial or else your bridge will not fit. Measure the location of the two tailpiece studs and buy the bridge that'll fit that size.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
^+1
but here is a cheaper style of that bridge. It is still good quality and will help you solve your issues
www.guitarfetish.com/Chrome-Badass-Style-Intonatable-wraparound-bridge_p_153.html
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A big thank you to you guys! I'll try tinkering with the adjusting height for a bit and if that doesn't work I'll just buy a new bridge. I just thought there was a way around that I unheard of but guess I was wrong and this bridge does suck.
Last edited by nitrousable at Feb 22, 2015,
Well the 2 screws on the back side can be adjusted so you can get the guitar closer intonated. adjusting the posts messes with your action height, so you might want to leave those alone
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well the 2 screws on the back side can be adjusted so you can get the guitar closer intonated. adjusting the posts messes with your action height, so you might want to leave those alone

What 2 screws are you talking of? The height adjustment ones? I only see these two.
I managed to perfectly intonate my low E A D G strings but for some reasons B and high E strings always stay flat regardless of height I use on the according screw. Pretty lost here. Might just buy a new bridge tomorrow.
Last edited by nitrousable at Feb 22, 2015,
No there are 2 screws one on each post (they are black in the stock photo) that sit parallel to the body on the back of the tail piece

but your right a new bridge would be ideal for you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
No there are 2 screws one on each post (they are black in the stock photo) that sit parallel to the body on the back of the tail piece

but your right a new bridge would be ideal for you

I tried these out and they didn't change a thing. Time for a new bridge I guess! I just hope I get the size right.
Quote by nitrousable
I tried these out and they didn't change a thing. Time for a new bridge I guess! I just hope I get the size right.

They do, they allow you to move the bridge either towards the neck or towards the butt of the guitar. You need to loosen the strings first then do your adjustments. remember if it is flat then it needs to move towards the headstock, if it is reading sharp you move it away from the neck.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robb is right, I remember it this way.

Sharp is too short.

Loosen the strings and it should be adjustable, but I agree a fully adjustable bridge is the best way to go.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...