Page 1 of 2
I asked for help regarding the possibility that a certain sequence of notes and chords may be triggering my depression, and either the participants lack an undertanding or consideration for anothers feelings, and don't care, or assumptions were made when they don't know the whole story, thinking I was saying that music is the sole cause of my depression, when that's not the case, being a victim of bullying, and sexual harassment/assault, issues with accepting my asexulity, my biological father abandoning me at age 4, are all the cause for me having a ****ed up state of mind, having bipolar disorder doesn't help the matter, and I've pretty much been seen as a joke. I guess the possibility that I've been struggling with suicidal thoughts and urges didn't occur to them, or they didn't give a sh*t.

Normally I don't freak out when people point out something stupid I've said or done, in fact, I'm more than willing to jump in and join the laughter, because I'm more than willing to admit that I act like a redneck sometimes, but when it involves something that has been a threat to my life, when I've been battling suicidal thoughts and urges over that, and these jokes directly target me or any individual in particular, I don't laugh. Because it's not funny.

So, I've been shown that this isn't a safe place for guitarists/musicians who suffer from and are open about their depression, and I want off. I'll find another guitar forum somewhere else. Is there a way to delete my account? Thanks.
Last edited by ianhulett at Feb 22, 2015,
You could just delete the bookmark, and not come back?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by ianhulett

So, I've been shown that this isn't a safe place for guitarists/musicians who suffer from and are open about their depression, and I want off. I'll find another guitar forum somewhere else. Is there a way to delete my account? Thanks.

80% of the people here deal with mental illness and depression.

Calm down.
ayy lmao
dont Ian, just ignore them. We'll fight this thing together (also check out the hugging thread)

this site's lost too many Ians... Stick in there dammit!
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by chookiecookie
80% of the people here deal with mental illness and depression.

Calm down.

Says the one who who wrote:

Quote by chookiecookie
This thread

Cuz it's a joke

How humorous.
Accounts can't be deleted but we can permanently ban you if you request it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
This guy tryna copy axel.

Axel's was way better
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by eGraham
Accounts can't be deleted but we can permanently ban you if you request it.

I'd love that. Please and thank you.
Quote by ianhulett

Last edited by sam b at Feb 22, 2015,
Quote by ianhulett
Says the one who who wrote:

How humorous.

Yes.

Because it is a joke.

As somebody who suffers from a long list of mental illnesses, I found your thread to be a joke and quite insulting.

See, now I'm hurt too.

I'm gonna go make a thread and threaten to quit UG because you made my problems inferior in the scope of my own mind.

For real though, I apologize for upsetting you.
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at Feb 22, 2015,
Dude don't be emo. If you can't handle one thread how do you deal with the whole wide real world?

Oh your from Schenectady. Just go to some shitty local hardcore show and ask for Matt G and I'm sure he can hook you up.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Why are the whiny assholes always named Ian?

he's not, hence depression
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by ianhulett
So, I've been shown that this isn't a place for guitarists/musician

there ya go
this house is bitchin
Quote by metal4eva_22
This is why you have depression: Because you can't handle life.

You're right. I can't handle nearly being murdered by someone who set my house on fire while I was asleep, I can't handle being groped, fondled, spanked or stripped without my consent, I can't handle being shoved, stabbed by a pencil, punched, kicked, or thrown onto a pile of wood, and other crap throughout most of my school career, I can't handle being raised without a father, I can't handle being humiliated for the "hideous crime" of finding the same sex attractive, I can't handle being told that my suicidal thoughs and urges are a f*cking joke, those are some of the things I've been through, and I can keep listing but I don't even know why I'm trying to reason with people who think that because they've been through some worse shit that somehow my past experiences are a joke. So, yeah. You're right. I can't handle life. Which is why I've been struggling with suicide and depression.
Last edited by ianhulett at Feb 22, 2015,
Oh piss the **** off attention *****. There's plenty of people here with actual problems. No need to make up a bunch of bullshit because no one took your god awful shitty off topic thread seriously.
Quote by ianhulett
I can't handle being told that my suicidal thoughs and urges are a f*cking joke

I didn't say that.
ayy lmao
mate, like 50%+ of the people here have some kind of issue, why else would hang around on an internet forum all day? trust me, this is a pretty accepting place for this stuff, as long as you're not being dumb about it. There's so many shit threads made that its just common nature to make fun of them, its nothing personal

cookie was saying that your first thread, the one about musical notes causing depression was a joke. Not that you were a joke
Quote by ianhulett
You're right. I can't handle nearly being murdered by someone who set my house on fire while I was asleep, I can't handle being groped, fondled, spanked or stripped without my consent, I can't handle being shoved, stabbed by a pencil, punched, kicked, or thrown onto a pile of wood, and other crap throughout most of my school career, I can't handle being raised without a father, I can't handle being humiliated for the hideous crime of finding the same sex attractive, I can't handle being told that my suicidal thoughs and urges are a f*cking joke, those are some of the things I've been through, and I can keep listing but I don't even know why I'm trying to reason with people who think that because they've been through some worse shit that somehow my past experiences are a joke. So, yeah. You're right. I can't handle life. Which is why I've been struggling with suicide.

I don't know either.

If all you want is for people to let you wallow in selfpity then find a hugbox site. Might I suggest tumblr.
lol, like half the people here have depression

why do you think we spend most of our time on an internet forum

oh, bladez said exactly what i said lol
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

What happened? Generally people here treat people with mental illnesses with the utmost respect.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
What happened? Generally people here treat people with mental illnesses with the utmost respect.

He revealed his mental illness by starting a shit thread.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by ianhulett
I asked for help regarding the possibility that a certain sequence of notes and chords may be triggering my depression

I am confused.

Is this guy saying that when he hears a certain sequence of notes and chords it triggers his depression?

Is that even a thing?
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Neo Evil11

He's raging at Class A banter.

Quote by Nero Galon
I am confused.

Is this guy saying that when he hears a certain sequence of notes and chords it triggers his depression?

Is that even a thing?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1671068

Also, Inb4 the lock.
ayy lmao
Careful Nero, he might cry
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Careful Nero, he might cry

For real now?

Oh wow holy shit.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I read that other thread. Never imagined it would make him rage like this though...

Maybe he was just having a bad day, but man... he really needs a thicker skin if he wants to open himself to criticism on the internet.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
He'll never get a thicker skin if he runs off crying everytime too.

But I guess he can tell everyone else on the next site he visits that he was a victim of cyber bullying too.
let's all be nicer to new people ok?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
If you look at the thread you'd see that no one really said anything offensive. Most offensive thing is "this is a shit thread". If you have to cry about that ... well...
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
If you look at the thread you'd see that no one really said anything offensive. Most offensive thing is "this is a shit thread". If you have to cry about that ... well...

nah you all were super shitty to him
Page 1 of 2