#1
Hi. sorry if this is stupid and has been answered many times before, but i couldn't find any answer.

i put a p90 in my acoustic, and the wire out of the pickup leads straight into an output jack. so, does this need to be grounded somehow?

also, with regards to the guitar the p90 came out of, i just snipped the wires from the pickup straight off. the other pickup still works fine, but really what i want to know is

am i going to be electrocuted?
also, could i just take out all the redundant switches and volume and tone yokes or would everything break?
i can supply many more details and pictures and whateverwhatever
#2
the guitar has low-voltage so you don't need to worry about getting electrocuted


You should have the ground wire going to the bridge on a electric to keep hum/squealing dow, but I'm not sure about an acoustic (I don't really mess with them). It will work without being grounded, but you may have some noise issues
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
#3
thanks a bunch, that's all i really needed to know.

how exactly does the wire go to the bridge? on my guitar (vaguely les paul shape/type/pickup setup) it just seems to dissapear in a mess of paint into the wood. is it actually drilled through to the bridge?
#4
Yeah on a stop-bar tail piece they drill a hole from the control cavity and feed a wire through that. then they put the wire in it and put the bushing in the hole and it is what makes contact with the wire.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate