Recently the idea of rehearsing with headphones come into our minds. We play fairly loud every rehearsal and while its bad for our ears, we can't really hear what its going to sound like live. It gets one big muddy sound without any definition.

We already have a normal mixer panel. Bass and keys go in through a DI box. Guitars, drums and vocals are miced.

We were looking at: Behringer Powerplay PRO-8 HA8000. So the signal goes into this headphone amp/mixer unit and then distributes it to the individual headphones.

Can we realize the idea with this set up? Tips and help are welcome! THANKS! (does anybody know if you can turn yourself up a bit in the mix? Just like you tend to do on stage in the monitor mix?)
My advice... Turn the volume down. That worked miricals for my band aswell.
Don't play too loud. If it gets muddy, you need to turn down. Adjust your volume to the drummer. If that's too loud, tell the drummer to play softer. A good drummer can control their dynamics. There's no point in practicing at really high volumes.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Well, the volume is actually just part of the problem.

The biggest problem is actually that the amps only get heard by the people who stand in line with it. The room is small, so it is impossible to position them so that everyone gets the sound from each instrument, let alone gets an idea of a live-sound.
Same thing, turn it down. Been there done that. Lean combo amps back so they point toward you ears not your knees, and turn everything down. I've had drummers put towels on their drums to quiet it down in the practice room. Doesn't sound as good, but it helps keep the overall volume level down so you can get a decent mix and hear everything without it getting really muddy. And as Maggara said, a good drummer should work with the dynamics anyway. The whole band should. It took us a while, but the band I'm with can work the dynamics in a song pretty well now, regardless of initial overall volume level. We've played gigs where my Super Reverb was cranked to 10, now we're playing gigs where it's limited to about 3 and I can use a 6 watt Champ for cranked tube amp leads...dynamics are always there...you also shouldn't have to mic anything but vocals in the practice room.

If you have volume problems, turn it down plain and simple. If you have to get low wattage amps to do that, so be it. I still use the Super Reverb for practice, and we practice at a volume level where I can't even turn the 6 watt Champ up to 10...doesn't hurt the sound at all, the overdrive pedal does a good job if I need a little gain, and the cleans can't be beat...we don't leave with headaches or ears ringing, we hear everything quite well, and even the acoustics are in the mix, we plug them in though.

It's a matter of discipline. I love a cranked tube amp, but if it's too loud all I can do is turn it down, period...so I do. Onstage I'm not constantly turning it up, I do the same thing as in practice, the overdrive pedal takes care of that dirty sound I want sometimes. If I adjust the amp, it's tone not volume, that gets set first thing and usually stays there.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Well, actually the drummer comes from jazz. WE made him play more like a "rockdrummer", so I'm fairly certain he won't mind haha..

Thanks for all the answers, but the band still wants to try out the headphone mixer. Especially because its only like 100 bucks. Only question I still have is: is there a possibility on the Behringer (or any other headphone mixer for that matter) to change the mix? I mean, can I set the volume of my guitar louder, only on my headphone. As well as the bassist sets his volume a bit louder on his headphone?

Thanks again..
I have used a JamHub with ridiculous success, I cannot recommend them enough. You will need about 300-500 bucks to get one though depending on which version. It does exactly what you ask for, where each person can adjust their own mix.