I don't know why but I'm curious what "that one bad chord" Rusty Cuyler (Squidbillies) keeps playing in this clip is. It's so raw and hideous that it's almost intriguing. What is it and how would you harmonize such a chord?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OioRjE1wa90

Also how would one play in E Locrian (I mean tonally or modally?
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
1. It's just a very out of tune guitar.

2. Short answer: You can't. Long answer: You can try, but it won't work.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
I understand and this was a dumb idea for a topic. Still how would you harmonize such an out of tune chord and what's the closest chord to it?
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Quote by RonaldPoe
I understand and this was a dumb idea for a topic. Still how would you harmonize such an out of tune chord and what's the closest chord to it?

You'd politely ask to borrow the guitar, tune it, and give it back :-)

Of course, this crops up for real in gigs as instruments get hot. Just try and persuade offender to shut up, and retune ASAP.

As for harmonising against bad chord ... that'll only make things worse.

cheers, Jerry