I play dream pop galaxie 500 style tunes
Coldlungspa.bandcamp.com
I currently have a base model michael kelly patriot. Oddly enough I love the way it feels and plays but I just want a richer tone. I don't know the lingo when it comes to instruments I've only recently started playing.
I feel like a jazzmaster is my obvious stepping stone with this music but would like to hear other opinions. I have like a 1000$ budget. I've read great things about the reverend double agent.

I currently play through an ac 30 and use alot of earth quaker and old blood noise effects.
Dannyalcatraz is going to be in here momentarily to tell you that the Reverend Double Agent is a great guitar and that you should totally go for it. Also, a Reverend Jetstream might work out as well.

However, Dreampop and Jazzmasters/Jaguars go together like Les Pauls and Marshalls. With a $1000 budget, I'd totally recommend a Classic 60s Lacquer Jazzmaster, if they weren't out of stock almost everywhere (I've been looking for one of these myself). American-made AVRI Jazzmaster Pickups and a Lacquer finish are hard to beat for a $1k guitar. Alternatively, a Road Worn Jazzmaster also has a similar feature set, but feature a distressed finish that might be a turn off. There's also similar Classic 60s Lacquer and Road Worn Jaguars which are the comparable Jaguar models. All four guitars are about $1000.

Additionally, you could try a Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe. It's got a pair of mellower humbuckers (Fender Wide Range Reissues) which'll probably give you a more top end to your sound.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Wtf is "dream pop"?
(Curious, not condescending.)
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Wtf is "dream pop"?

It's like Shoegaze without the fuzz pedal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lom31P5SRl0
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by lucky1978
Wtf is "dream pop"?

New to the term as well. This old head I work with kinda led me to that genre.
I see it as slowed down dreamy post rock type deal. Write a catchy lead slow it down a bit make it aural/ drowning in reverb and put some chords behind it and that's dream Pop Think of mazzy star/ Luna even some new order in there.
Quote by kangaxxter
Dannyalcatraz is going to be in here momentarily to tell you that the Reverend Double Agent is a great guitar and that you should totally go for it. Also, a Reverend Jetstream might work out as well.

However, Dreampop and Jazzmasters/Jaguars go together like Les Pauls and Marshalls. With a $1000 budget, I'd totally recommend a Classic 60s Lacquer Jazzmaster, if they weren't out of stock almost everywhere (I've been looking for one of these myself). American-made AVRI Jazzmaster Pickups and a Lacquer finish are hard to beat for a $1k guitar. Alternatively, a Road Worn Jazzmaster also has a similar feature set, but feature a distressed finish that might be a turn off. There's also similar Classic 60s Lacquer and Road Worn Jaguars which are the comparable Jaguar models. All four guitars are about $1000.

Additionally, you could try a Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe. It's got a pair of mellower humbuckers (Fender Wide Range Reissues) which'll probably give you a more top end to your sound.

The jet stream just seems a little overkill with three p90s but I was Looking at them as well. The bass contour is a real turn on for me I do a lot of live looping and layers (not heavily demonstrated in the recordings above) so having a lot of tonal options seems great. That tele I definately overlooked. I need to see if they have one at the local gc and mahne try hat bad boy out. Thanks!
Quote by Cold_lungs
New to the term as well. This old head I work with kinda led me to that genre.
I see it as slowed down dreamy post rock type deal. Write a catchy lead slow it down a bit make it aural/ drowning in reverb and put some chords behind it and that's dream Pop Think of mazzy star/ Luna even some new order in there.

That's cool, I love Luna! Very underrated band, in the US at least. I'd suggest a Mustang/Jaguar cause of the clarity. When you're using lots of reverb and delay the snappy tone cuts through a bit better. When looping, that'll buy you an extra overdub or three.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by kangaxxter

Well, actually...the Double Agent was the model that first got me interested in Reverends.

But for Shoegaze/Dreampop, the Reverends I'd recommend are those with all p90s or RevTrons, probably with a trem. Lots of options.

Also, for right around $1000, you might be able to find a used USA model on eBay or Reverb.com. Great guitars.

I'd also look at G&Ls and Godins with P90s.

Good suggestions.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 24, 2015,
Thanks guys. Gonna keep my eyes peeled for a used jm/ jag and hopefully bring my pedal board to gc and play one of those teles