Hi All,

I have been wiring up some EMG HZ to my ibanez destroyer,

i have used the solderless kit for wiring this up

when came to wiring the 3 way selector switch i noticed i dont actually have the wires for it, so i cut the 3 way selector switch out of an old les paul copy..

this has 3 wires coming from it, but on the EMG diagrams show there is 4 coming from the selector switch, one of them being a ground wire

could i still wire this up to the bus without that ground wire, would it work? i dont know what to do

Cheeers!
So your using the EMG active solderless harness to install a set of passives? your gonna have lots of hum and squealing without the guitar being grounded.

What is the value of the pots your using? 25k because they should be 500k (typically), 25k are used for actives.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the pots are 500k, and the kit i bought is for the H4 and H4A passive EMG HZ
Quote by Rikah
the pots are 500k, and the kit i bought is for the H4 and H4A passive EMG HZ

Then why is there no ground bar?or is there?

you can get around this by running the ground from the switch to the back of every pot and then to the bridge.

What guitar is it and did it have passives originally?

sorry if the questions sound dumb, but with out actually seeing it in person I am givi8ng the most logical answers I can

EDIT I think I got what you mean. Yes you need to add the extra wire to the switch and run that to the bar or you will get noise/hum or no sound. Not a big deal, just add the extra little bit of wire an you'll be just fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 24, 2015,