Hi everyone,

We can often hear (or at least me ) people saying label kills band, kills creativity and shit.
Could you think of counter-examples of bands that have been saved by labels ?
Most bands would have horse shit production if not for labels

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
there might be a joke about Jari and Wintersun in here somewhere but i don't know enough to tell it
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Well big labels that are money vampires do tend to be crap companions for artistic creation. But there's tons of cool, small labels that deliberately pick out left-field type musicians and stuff anyway (like sub pop). Plus, there's a big market for pitchfork hipsters now isn't there.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
An advantage of labels is that they offer some perks like a recording and touring budget.

I'm not sure of any bands that have been saved by going onto a major label, but there have been plenty that thrived. Lamb of God has probably been better off because they went to a major label
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
If sumeriancore bands were independent they would sound just as shitty, but they would not have money or expensive tourbuses.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
there might be a joke about Jari and Wintersun in here somewhere but i don't know enough to tell it

Whatever that joke was, it died back in 2008
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ