I'm not sure whetever this fits in this forum, but I think it is fit enought.

I've played guitar for six years having never had pain before, during or after practicing. I have concentrated on playing as much relaxed as I can with a proper warming of my wrists and fingers. However, yesterday I felt pain after a while I stopped practicing. I couldn't fist my hand or angle it upwards. Yesterday the pain did relieve to the point I could fist my hand and today there's no pain, but the hand still feels stiff. I woke up three times at night to notice that my pinky, ring finger and middlefinger were numb and by shaking them they normalized. The pain located at the back of my wrist (fingers facing down). In addition to this whenever I rotate my left wrist while my arm is extended there's a snap. May these have a connection?

Looking forward for replies,
blacknex
There's little pont asking here, I doubt many of the members have any medical qualifications and hearsay or anecdotal advice could potentially be helpful or equally damaging.

If you're worried about your health then speak to a doctor.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I just want to hear people who may have had the same experience before I rush to seek help.
I ignored pain in my wrist about 5 months ago, eventually went to doctor / physio. Still hasn't healed, indeed I played stand by me twice in a row yesterday for something light, could barely put the guitar down it hurt so much.

My advice, get to a doctor asap.
"If I didn't know I was a genius, I wouldn't listen to the trash I write."
If you wear your guitar low and bend your wrist a lot when fretting then you can get this.

Do you do this?

Play with your wrist straight, not bent. Wear the guitar higher and angle the neck at 45 degrees.
I agree with Virgman, you might be wearing your guitar too low. Don't worry about looking cool, be comfortable and I'm sure you'll sound great.
That was my first thought too, wearing the guitar too low. I place mine about an inch lower then it is when I sit, works pretty well.

What you're describing sounds a lot like the possibility of carpal tunnel syndrome, or repetitive stress. Definitely see a doctor. Numbness in the fingers is not good, nobody on here can really diagnose though.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
I actually don't stand with a guitar. I have not used a strap with my guitar for a long time. When I practice sitting I always have a relaxed stance with my wrists comfortably straight (not bend in any kind of silly way). With my bass I use a strap, but I still don't have any weird bends in my wrist as I do not have to finger chords.

Update to symptoms: a slightly burning feeling just below my wrist (related to muscles?)
^ that burning feeling is likely the tendons. If pain has lasted for more than 3 days, see a doctor, and I'd advise not playing until the pain/discomfort is gone 100%
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Yep see a doctor, that's a classic symptom of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Don't play any more the minute it starts, and knock off for a few days and let it rest.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/carpal_tunnel/detail_carpal_tunnel.htm

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/carpal_tunnel_syndrome/article_em.htm

Google for "Carpal tunnel", I was looking for something with some graphics, didn't find much right away. It's basically a channel in the wrist where the tendons are that gets irritated from repetitive usage in the same position, not uncommon among guitar players and people who use computers all day every day.

I suspected it form the start, but when you said burning in the wrist area, that's classic carpal tunnel when combined with the numbness already mentioned. Waking up and shaking your hands is even mentioned in one of the links above.

Get it checked out.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by blacknex
I actually don't stand with a guitar. I have not used a strap with my guitar for a long time. When I practice sitting I always have a relaxed stance with my wrists comfortably straight (not bend in any kind of silly way). With my bass I use a strap, but I still don't have any weird bends in my wrist as I do not have to finger chords.

Update to symptoms: a slightly burning feeling just below my wrist (related to muscles?)

Go see a doctor.
Go see a doctor.
Go see a doctor.
Go see a doctor.
Go see a doctor.
Go see a doctor.

The only advice worth listening to was in the first reply, from a moderator. So do that. Now.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
In fairness everyone else gave pretty good advice, but it was all mainly "go see a doctor!"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com