For anyone wondering about these graphite guitars I felt it my duty to give you my opinion on my parlor-sized Rainsong P-12. I love it, I love it, I love it! I know that traditionalist cringe at the thought of a guitar that is not made out of wood.

In the mid-70's I worked at a high-end backpacking store in Berkeley, CA. This was right at the time that fiberglass cross-country skis were being introduced to the public. Up until then, wood was the thing. Again, the traditionalist cringed and would have no part of this new technology. Old habits die-hard.

Fast forward, try and find a wooden ski out there anywhere. Maybe at a garage sale. The glass ski not only swept the market but could be built with incredible custom flexibilities for all types of skiing and conditions.

Same is true with Rainsong guitars. My small bodied P-12 produces almost as big a sound and/or bigger sound as most dreadnoughts on the market. And it does it with amazing clarity. The bass is rich and the highs are brilliant without one bit of muddiness to be found. It sustains until the cows come home. The finger board is so solid you can play with impressive volume using just your left hand.

Last summer I visited a friend who owns well over $50,000 dollars of fantastic high-end guitars. I left my P-12 with him to play for a day. He was as equally impressed with the thing as I am. I've also played many high-end guitars and many parlors. This P-12 stands up to or surpasses many of them, and, at a much lower price. I'm convinced that it is the best bang-for-your-buck that's out there in a non-custom made parlor.

Also, I travel and camp for two months a year from the deserts to the mountains and everywhere humid in between without an issue or worry about what my guitar is suffering from. On top of that, my guitar room is heated with a wood stove during Ohio winters, again no issues, no worries. I store my 1968 Gibson Ebony J-45 out in the hallway away from the dry heat. By the way, my P-12 out performs my precious J-45 in volume, sustain and clarity. The Gibson out performs in one quality, a slightly deeper, more resonant bass-side. It vibrates my rib cage a bit more, that's all.

I was so impressed with my P-12 that I bought Riansong's WS 12 stringer. Everything I said about the P-12 goes the same for the WS-12. And it is more rock solid than a steel I-Beam.

If you're considering a Rainsong, go for it. I'm not going to claim that graphite guitars will destroy the wood guitar market like fiberglass skis crushed the wood ski market. No, that will never happen. But it will sure put a big dent in it if people decide to open there minds and quit beating dead horses,.....or dead guitars like so many wooden ones are.
If this is a, "Happy New Guitar Day" thread, then you need to post pictures. Really, check the rules.

Otherwise, I'm happy you're happy. But nonetheless, it almost sounds like marketing.

There is however, a "Carbon Fiber" sub forum, over at the Acoustic Guitar Forum: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48 where you might commune with like minded individuals..
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 27, 2015,