Okay so i'm wanting to build a guitar as you could probably guess from the title. I just can't find the information i need to start. i was hoping to have an Epiphone wilshire body shape template and cut it out of my wood of choice however i can find templates for telecaster, strats, les pauls yet i can't for the life of me find any templates for the wilshire body which is quite frustrating. does anyone know where i can find a template for this or at least some blueprints with some dimensions so that i can draw out my own Cad design from that and make my own template, because the internet is really failing me at the minute. all i want is the dimensions for the body and i'll create my template in a Cad software. i'm really struggling and really would appreciate the help thanks. i hope someone knows all the dimensions of the wilshire body! haha! thanks anyway!
get the approximate size of a SG and then do the modifications to make it look like the Wilshire.

You can also go to a music store and measure the body

PS the green text is a bitch to read
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 25, 2015,
Quote by Robbgnarly
get the approximate size of a SG and then do the modifications to make it look like the Wilshire.

You can also go to a music store and measure the body

PS the green text is a bitch to read

Thanks i will do exactly that. never really thought of doing that. and sorry i'll be sure to just use white this was my first post. thanks for telling me.
I wish I had that luxury to trace out body shapes and measure. I remember my friend was building a few guitars from scratch. One being a BC Rich beast and he ended up coming over with that science fair paper I forget what they call it but we all used it in elementary school from a dollar store and tracing mine and doing some measurements of thickness and all.
I found this but I can't guarantee it's accurate (apologies for the sketchy-looking filehost. It's a PDF of the body outline)
http://www.filedropper.com/epiphone

What I do for templates is find a large picture, trace the outline in Inkscape, and then use the guitar's scale length as a reference to make it the correct size. It's not 100% accurate but you can get reasonably close.
Last edited by sashki at Feb 25, 2015,